Continuing Education has a variety of options for corporate training or custom offerings. Our team will work with you to create the best-fit schedule, pricing and flexibility that suits your organizational needs. In addition to those listed below, new offerings are in development. Contact us to learn more firstname.lastname@example.org
Becoming a Change Agent
Learn about the psychology of change, at the individual employee and organizational level. Strategies for planning organizational change and managing change will be developed. Further, you will learn how individual employees may react to change, and what tactics can be used to minimize negative consequences for employees, and what tactics may be used to help employees cope with change.
· Understand the psychology of change and its impact on teams
· Create a change plan to guide organizational transition
· Identify tactics to overcome resistance of change from your team
· Develop mental health strategies to encourage personal resilience and coping through change and transition
Leading Self and Others
Explore the fundamentals of managing yourself, leading teams and personal leadership effectiveness. Participants will have the opportunity to discover and leverage leadership strengths and find strategies to address gaps to improve performance to lead more effectively. Participants will learn how to communicate authentically, develop a leadership presence, and bring out the best in others.
· Develop effective strategies to communicate vision and business goals to enlist support and action
· Assess your strengths and areas for development as a leader and how to improve leadership ability
· Learn self-management skills required to model adaptive leadership principals and integrate theory to lead adaptively to individual employees
· Develop best practices to successful leadership including the use of influence and inspiration for action
Introduction to Project Management
Discover the project management process. You will consider the triple constraint theory, how to avoid common pitfalls, and learn how emotional intelligence can affect communication at work. Participants who successfully complete the Introduction to Project Management module will be prepared to successfully lead a small business project.
• Recognize the project lifecycle and best practices when managing projects in the workplace.
• Develop communication strategies to interact with project team members and stakeholders.
• Recognize the competencies required to manage projects in the workplace.
• Reflect on a current workplace project apply best practices in project management
Supervising and Coaching
Learn the essential leadership, coaching, and performance management skills to effectively lead individuals and teams. Participants will build self-awareness about their leadership styles and learn best practices for performance management. This skills-based course will provide participants with an opportunity to amplify coaching skills with a focus on the theory and techniques that support compelling coaching experiences.
• Identify the core functions and responsibilities of a supervisor and how to efficiently complete work with and through other people
• Demonstrate how to appropriately use coaching and influence for problem solving, development and performance
• Develop an honest awareness of yourself and how your behaviour impacts others
• Understand the key elements in performance management and how to ensure maximum performance levels for employees
• Learn how to give constructive feedback in a variety of performance situations to set clear accountability for employees’ performance
• Understand the critical elements in the coach-employee relationship and build coaching relationships with employees
The Science of Effective Teamwork
How do great teams function? The Science of Effective Teamwork workshop will bring you through the stages of group development and the drivers of effective teamwork. You will investigate your own personal conflict management style and learn how to effectively manage conflicts in teams. Upon
completion of the workshop you will have a plan to apply the best practices of building a resilient team to your own teams in a work setting.
• Incorporate “all star team” strategies into your teams
• Use resilience building strategies within your team
• Manage conflict effectively to expedite team development
Virtual teams are becoming a necessity to achieving business outcomes. In this interactive session, participants will be guided through the following topics:
• Characteristics of a successful virtual team
• Strategies to overcome challenges virtual teams face
• Team building best practices for productive virtual teams
• Effective meeting management techniques for virtual meetings
• Technology communication tools that support virtual collaboration
Strategizing the Customer Experience
This interactive session is about brilliant service – what it is, how to achieve it, and how to leverage its benefits for strategic purposes. Initially, participants will establish a robust understanding and appreciation of service and its importance. Building on this foundational overview of customer service, participants will progress to a strategic application of service. Participants will develop a forward-looking strategic framework designed to enhance organizational performance through service.
• Identify and define great communication
• Define customer service excellence
• Formulate strategies for handling customer objections
• Identify and practice “Steps to Great Customer Service” with mini-case scenarios
A key corporate and professional skill set traditionally found in the financial – administrative area of a company. How a company buys its goods, services, and other requirements contributes to its corporate image and reputation. Procurement in the public sector requires attention to fairness, transparency, competitiveness and compliance with government rules, regulations and national and international trade agreements. In the private sector, attention focuses on best value and operational requirements defined in corporate policies which should reflect their mission and values, e.g. corporate citizenship – fair and trusted buyer/seller.
· Procurement Planning (requirement definition and sourcing strategies, area of competition, market capacity)
· Solicitation type
· Evaluation and contract award
· Contract administration
· Business internal controls (delegated and signing authorities, e.g. spending, contract award, legal form of agreement)
Introduction to Customs and Trade
Assessment and payment of applicable duties requires an understanding of tariff schedules and proper classification and valuation of goods in trade. Access to preferred tariff treatment under trade agreements like NAFTA depends on knowledge of and compliance with rules of origin. Trade service providers can help manage the technicalities of customs administration. Learn to avoid compliance issues and incorporate the implications of customs costs and regulations into your planning, purchasing and marketing
· Clear definitions and examples of foundational concepts (tariffs, duties, forms, certificates, drawback, audits, and others)
· Explanation of how those concepts are integrated into efficient and compliant customs procedures
· Case examples and step-by-step guides for overcoming customs challenges
Arrhythmia and 12 Lead Interpretation
This full day workshop is designed for those who have experience in basic Lead II ECG interpretation and wish to learn how to analyze and interpret 12 lead ECGs. It will provide a refresher of arrythmia interpretation and then will focus on the “need to know” subjects of 12 lead electrocardiography. It will include basic electrophysiology, a framework for interpretation, a review of the normal 12 lead ECG, abnormalities and recognition of ECG changes seen in myocardial ischemia and infarction.
· Arrhythmia Interpretation
· Basics of the 12 lead ECG
· Ischemic versus myocardial infarction patterns
· Axis deviation and bundle branch blocks
· Hypertrophy and electrolyte imbalances