This interactive workshop offers individuals an opportunity to review and refresh their health assessment skills through a hands-on approach. This workshop is particularly geared towards students in the Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner (PHCNP) program who will be taking the Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnosis (AHAD) course this year.
This refresher workshop will be beneficial towards preparing students for the Comprehensive Physical Examination (Adult) Demonstration that is an entry requirement for the AHAD course, and will ready students for success in their clinical placements, which demand proficiency in conducting comprehensive physical examinations. This refresher workshop will give students the foundation for the advanced assessment skills required in the PHCNP program.
Workshop participants will:
- gain proficiency in administering a complete independent physical assessment.
- identify where to concentrate their efforts in order to be successful in conducting physical examinations.
- have the opportunity to practice the hands-on components of physical examination assessment skills.
- improve their skill set based on verbal feedback of their performance throughout the workshop.
Students that successfully complete the program will receive a Certificate of Participation that reads: "Health Assessment Refresher Workshop".
Instructors: Sherry Morrell, Gina Pittman and Sarah McMahon
- $175 + HST UWindsor Alumni, Staff and Students are eligible for discounts. Contact email@example.com for more details.
- Save 10% by purchasing HLTH 7102 Health Assessment Refresher Workshop and HLTH 7101 Foundations of Pharmacology together.
For optimal learning experience, it is advised that this course be taken face-to-face. However, if learners are unable to attend face to face an online section is offered.
Sign up on our Interest List to be notified about enrolment and receive updates.