The future of our community is in good hands, says Dartis Willis, owner of the Windsor Express basketball team. One of nine Community Champions honoured by the Odette MBA Society at a luncheon Friday, he said the business students manifest their commitment to the city.
“You can hear, see and feel their excitement to add something to Windsor,” Willis said as he accepted his award from a group that interviewed him on the secrets to his career successes.
Besides Willis, honorees included:
- Ron Foster, vice-president of communications and philanthropy for Windsor Regional Hospital;
- Lorraine Goddard, executive director of United Way Windsor-Essex County;
- Marty Komsa, president of Windsor Family Credit Union;
- Stephen Savage, president of the Windsor Symphony Orchestra board of directors;
- Joyce Zuk, executive director of Family Services Windsor-Essex;
- Mike Chantler, general manager of the Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre; and
- Gerry Orum and Beth Noakes, organizers of the local Dragon Boats for the Cure festival.
MBA Society president Michael Ruffolo said this year’s cohort was “very excited to host this group of distinguished individuals.
“Their combined level of knowledge and experience is astounding, and I think it gives our class a target of who we aspire to be one day,” he said.