Canada is the world’s leading producer of lentils.
Patricia Roberts, office co-ordinator in Continuing Education, offers a Mediterranean-inspired dish as a cool way to get this high-protein food into your diet this summer.
- 540 mL can of lentils, drained
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh curly parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients into a medium size bowl and gently stir. Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
Roberts says the salad can be served as a side dish or made into a main course by spooning it over a bed of quinoa, couscous, or rice.
Find more recipes — as well as a place to submit your own — on the Healthy Eating website.