Traditionally, the Department of Athletics and Recreational Services honours its student employees at the Blue and Gold Student Appreciation Luncheon, highlighting all areas of its operations: the St. Denis Centre, Lancer Recreation, aquatics, student managers and therapists, and varsity home event staff.
This year’s recognition event took a different form, but the sentiment remains the same, athletics director Mike Havey said in a video ceremony recognizing recipients of the student staff awards.
“We are gathered virtually to celebrate the contributions of student staff during this most difficult of years,” he said. “To our student employees and to our staff who select, direct, train, and mentor these young men and women, you’ve made all the difference in the world.”
Student staff award winners included:
- Tereza Fountain and Cailey Theos, Rick Mallat ARS Student Employees of the Year;
- Rachel Stone, St. Denis Centre Employee of the Year;
- Lydia-Jane Thuss, Lancer Recreation Employee of the Year;
- Mitchell Benn, Intramurals Employee of the Year;
- Cam Rios, Fitness Employee of the Year;
- Lauryn Rogers, Outstanding Customer Service Award;
- Bella Mancina, Instructional Award; and
- Connor Sykes, Lancer Engagement Award.