The Student Success and Leadership Centre has released 2022 dates for the Head Start orientation program, which introduces new students to campus resources and services, as well as a special session with representatives of their faculties.
Student development specialist Amber Norman says: “Students will not only learn about academic expectations at the university level, they will also meet their peers and become familiar with supports, resources, and strategies that will set them up for a successful UWindsor journey.”
The in-person program will allow attendees to tour the grounds and buildings, visit the Campus Bookstore, get a UWin Card photo taken, explore residence halls, and enter a draw for a chance at winning $500 off their tuition. There are five in-person dates, including four faculty-specific days, followed by a general day and a subsequent online Head Start.
- Friday, July 8 – science and education (in person)
- Saturday, July 9 – arts, humanities and social sciences, and education (in person)
- Friday, July 15 – nursing, human kinetics, and business (in person)
- Friday, July 22 – engineering (in person)
- Saturday, Aug. 6 – general and mature, transfer, and part-time (in person)
- Friday, Aug. 12 – general (online)
Students are encouraged to attend their faculty-specific days, however if they are unable to, the general and online Head Start days will provide appropriate supports.
Registration will open soon. Find more information on the Head Start website.