The University of Windsor Alumni Association will adopt Windsor’s Canadian Blood Services Clinic for a blood drive Jan. 23 to 28 and is inviting the community to consider making a life-saving donation.
As a Canadian Blood Services Partner for Life, the university community is also invited to join the Alumni Association’s team to have their donations counted toward its 2023 pledge.
To encourage participation, the Alumni Association will provide T-shirts to all Partners for Life team members who donate at the Windsor Canadian Blood Services location during the drive period. Participants who take a photo and tag the Alumni Association’s social media accounts (@uwinalumni) between Jan. 23 and 28 will also be entered into a random draw to win a wellness prize pack valued at over $100.
To join the Alumni Associations Partners for Life team and claim your T-shirt, follow these steps:
- Set up an account on blood.ca or on the GiveBlood app for Apple or Android.
- Select “partners” from the menu.
- Select “join a team” and search University of Windsor Alumni Association (UNIV0092223) — a drop-down list will appear.
- Select “University of Windsor Alumni Association (UNIV0092223)” as the team you wish to join.
- Book your next appointment.
- When donating, notify the clinic staff that you’re with the University of Windsor Alumni Association to receive your T-shirt.
Alumni and friends living outside of the Windsor area are encouraged to donate at a local Canadian Blood Services location wearing UWindsor swag.
Learn more and join the Alumni Association’s Partners for Life team to help save lives.