Making biscuits doesn’t have to be challenging, says Paolo Vasapolli, executive chef in Food and Catering Services.
As proof, he offers a recipe that requires just three ingredients to produce a half-dozen biscuits.
- 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- ½ to ¾ cup soy milk
- Blend flour and shortening together to resemble pea-sized lumps.
- Add soy milk and blend until ingredients are combined, taking care not to over mix.
- Roll out the dough to about ¾" thickness and cut into biscuits.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Vasapolli adds he likes to serve these biscuits with jam. Find more recipes — as well as a place to submit your own — on the Healthy Eating website.