Mar 2nd, 2022
An interdisciplinary panel of experts will discuss the implications of the Feb. 7 to 13 blockade of the Ambassador Bridge in a session on Zoom, from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, March 4.
Organizers promise an opportunity for civil debate by academics on whose doorstep the events took place that will allow time for questions and answers from attendees.
Moderated by Jasminka Kalajdzic, “On Our Doorstep: The Windsor Blockade” will feature law professors:
- Bill Bogart on health policy;
- Pascale Chapdelaine on privacy law;
- Danardo Jones on policing and Critical Race Theory;
- Manoj Mate on international trade;
- Sylvia Mcadam on Indigenous protests;
- Richard Moon on freedom of expression;
- Sukanya Pillay on civil liberties;
- Anneke Smit on municipal law and states of emergency;
- Vasanthi Venkatesh on social movements and resistance narrative; and
political science professors Jamey Essex on political extremism and white nationalism and Bill Anderson on international trade, and communications professor Vincent Manzerolle on communication theory.
Admission is free and open to the public; register here to receive the link to participate.