Admission Requirements and Procedure:
- A four-years undergraduate degree from recognized Engineering Universities/Schools
- An English proficiency certificate
It varies by country:
- 80% for applicants who completed their undergraduate degree in China
- 70% for applicants who completed their program in India, Iran, Bangladesh, and Pakistan
- Four-years undergraduate degree cumulative average
- Backlog certificate required from applicants who have completed their degree in India. This documentation must be on letterhead from your university/school.
- Applicants cannot have more than 3-failures/backlogs in the four-year undergraduate degree program.
- IELTS 6.5 (band score)
- TOEFL 92
- Antigua & Barbuda
- New Zealand
The University of Windsor receives application to graduate school via an electronic system. You will create an account on the OUAC website, select your program, enter information about your application and pay the application fee. You will then be directed to the University of Windsor Electronic Graduate Admission System, where you will upload the required documents. At this stage of the application process, you do not need to provide official transcripts, IELTS/TOEFL records.
- Use the fee estimator to calculate your tuition fees at the cashier's website at www.uwindsor.ca/cashier
- No, we will not evaluate any documents before the application submission. The first step is to submit your application. All documents are reviewed during the admission process.
Applicants can apply for Honours Certificate at the University of Windsor. Upon completion of the Honours Certificate, you can apply for MEng program. Those students who have completed eight courses with CGPA of 77% can apply for the MEng program.
- The University of Windsor offers Post Baccalaureate/Post Graduate Certificate programs in the following areas:
► Honours Certificate in Civil Engineering
► Honours Certificate in Electrical Engineering
► Honours Certificate in Environmental Engineering
► Honours Certificate in Industrial Engineering
- You can find the information about the Honours Certificates in the following link
- Applicants can redo the test
- Applicants may receive the conditional admission, and apply/attend to the ELIP center. Upon completion of ELIP 3, they can start the MEng program.
⇒ Centre for English Language Development in the University of Windsor offers English Language Improvement Program (ELIP). You can find the information about ELIP in the following link.
WINTER 2023 Incoming Students
Wednesday, January 4, 2023 - M.Eng Program/M.Eng Program Automotive Option Orientation
Face-to-Face to be held at CEI (Engineering Building), Room 1100.
Winter 2023 International Student Orientation - Virtually - Wednesday, January 4, 2023, from 9 AM - 12 PM (EST).
Topics covered here
Upon registering at the University of Windsor, each student is assigned a uwinid e-mail address and student ID#
► To ensures far greater security privacy and efficiency in communications, please always include your student ID# in all correspondence to
the University of Windsor
► First-Time Account Activation - please visit www.uwindsor.ca/registrar/uwinsite-student
► Please click "First-Time Account Activation" that brings you to a new page. Please follow through the instruction on the page
International Student Centre is offering the Soft Landing Program to help incoming International Students prepare for their move to Canada, get settled in Windsor and begin their new life at the University of Windsor. For more information and details please visit: www.uwindsor.ca/international-student-centre/229/softlanding
* A Letter of Support is no longer required for entry into Canada. *
International Students are encouraged to travel with physical copies of the following items:
- A copy of your Letter of Admission (LOA) to the University of Windsor, demonstrating your acceptance to our institution and/or confirmation of enrolment. (Enrolment Verification Letter).
- A copy of your valid study permit or letter of introduction from IRCC
- Proof you have enough money to support yourself during your stay in Canada
- Valid immigration medical examination results in you come from a designated country or territory (meaning a country or territory for which an immigration medical examination is required)
The University of Windsor faculty, staff and students are now practicing social distancing in order to do our part to limit the load on our healthcare system during the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. As part of this social distancing the university has moved to an “Essential Service Model only,” and all courses for the Summer 2020 semester will be delivered online-only format.
Under normal circumstances, as a student in Engineering at the University of Windsor, you have access to multiple computer labs equipped with the software required to complete your degree. You will not be expected to load all Engineering software onto your laptop for the Summer semester. We will be providing a remote system that will allow you to log in and complete your coursework.
The minimum computer recommendation is one with an i5 Processor, 1920x1080 display, 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD. Example (April 2020) : Lenovo T470s, i5-6300U, 1920 x 1080 display, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD - $1300 (link - https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/ThinkPad-T470s/p/20JSS0KS00)
The recommended computer configuration is one with an i7 Processor, 1920x1080 display, 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD with discrete graphics. Example (April 2020): Dell Inspiron 15 7591 2-in-1, i7-10510U, 3840 x 2160 display, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce MX250 with 2GB - $1900 (link - https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/laptops-ultrabooks/inspiron-15-7591-2-in-1/spd/inspiron-15-7591-2-in-1-laptop/)
There are many manufacturers that have laptops that can meet these specifications. We recommend that you get one from Dell, Lenovo or Microsoft and purchase a three-year warranty when you get the laptop. Your Internet speed should be 15 Mbps or greater. If you share your internet connection with other students, you may need more than 15 Mbps. You will want an unlimited usage plan if it is available to you.
As a designated learning institution, the University of Windsor has submitted our COVID-19 readiness plan to the Government of Ontario for approval. Provincial public health officials are currently evaluating our plan and we hope to have a response shortly.
For more information, please visit https://www.uwindsor.ca/returntocampus/
For Fall 2022, the M.Eng Program is offering all Courses IN-PERSON.