UWindsor Together: Student Mental Health and Remote Learning Services

Summer term 2021 resources for graduate students

Please refer to the ask.uwindsor.ca for all Summer term 2021 info articles.

Graduate Courses

All courses and final exams will be offered primarily in an online format for Summer term 2021. If your courses are online, you will not need to come to campus in Summer 2021. For everyone’s safety, exceptions are being kept to a minimum. You will be able to see when you register whether any of your courses are face-to-face, and we are anticipating very few on campus courses for graduate students. For thesis and dissertation courses, access to facilitities will fall under the University's plan for the resumption of research activity. Please refer to the ask.uwindsor.ca article on graduate research.

Students should check in UWinsite Student for their specific enrolment appointment time. This ask.UWindsor article outlines the steps for a student to find their enrolment appointment time.


There are several resources available to help students register in courses:

Please use or share these resources when assisting your students.


In UWinsite Student, a student is automatically enrolled from a waitlisted class, but how they set it up depends on their course load. SWAP is the correct way of getting onto a waitlist if a student is enrolling in a full course load. This ask.UWindsor article outlines waitlist scenarios as well as when and how to properly use the SWAP function.

Prospective Students

Online learning resources

Resources for online learning are posted at: http://learn.uwindsor.ca/uwin-online

A variety of learnign and teaching resources are available from the CTL website: http://cleo.uwindsor.ca/workshops/ctl/52/ 

General Help

Please contact the graduate support staff or graduate coordinator for your program. They will be identified on the program homepage.

The physical office in Chrysler Hall tower is not currently open. Our staff however are working remotely. You may reach us for all inquiries at the Faculty of Graduate Studies contacts.

Transcripts are due before the end of your first term of registration. Please consult your offer letter. Digital transcripts can be sent to transcripts@uwindsor.ca

Graduate/Teaching Assistants

Some Graduate/Teaching Assistants may be required to be on campus to support class activities (e.g., lab demonstration). In these situations there will be no face-to-face interaction with students and appropriate physical distancing will be practiced.

Graduate/ Teaching Assistantships that involve face-to-face responsibilities will be identified accordingly in position postings.

Assistants in online courses can have a number of roles in supporting the course, just as they can in on-campus courses including marking some of the assessments, answering questions, running tutorials and office hours. Your instructor will set the specific tasks your GAs or TAs will undertake in the course.

If you already have a study or work permit and a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN) you are eligible to apply for postings for which you are qualified. If your SIN has expired please contact Human Resources directly at hr@uwindsor.ca