Please note that:
- Student employment is intended to be temporary and/or casual. It is not intended to replace work being carried out by permanent full-time/part-time employees.
- In accordance with the Government of Canada International Student Program regulations, international students are permitted to work on campus as long as they are enrolled full-time at the University and have a valid study permit.
- Students are allowed to have multiple appointments on campus as long as the aggregate hours worked each week do not exceed twenty-four (24) hours. For graduate students including members of CUPE 4580, the aggregate allowable number of hours of paid university-related employment is 240 hours per academic term (Fall, Winter, Summer).
Student Hiring Package – Forms and documents that must be submitted to HR
In order for a student to be issued an employee number, all the forms listed below must be submitted by the student to the Department of Human Resources. The forms can be downloaded from this site, hard copies are available at the HR Reception (Chrysler Hall Tower – 5th floor)
In addition to the forms, students are asked to bring to Human Resources the following:
- Social Insurance Number
- Student Study permit or Employment Authorization (International Students only)
- Birth Certificate
To be completed by the Department Head/Researcher:
To be completed by the student:
- New Student Employee - Personal Information
- Personal Tax Credits Form TD1 (federal)
- Ontario Personal Tax Credits Form TD1ON (provincial)
- Authorization Agreement for Automatic Deposits
Other important information:
Room 510 CHT