The University of Windsor is preparing for a safe return to campus. Learn More.
Convocation 2020

Applying to Graduate


The window to Apply to Graduate for SPRING 2021 CONVOCATION will tentatively open on DECEMBER 7, 2020 (Revised).

At that time, to apply to graduate, please log on to UWinsite Student.

SPRING 2021 Convocation:

All students who will have completed their degree requirements by the end of the winter term, must apply to graduate whether you plan on attending your Convocation ceremony or not.

If you are eligible to apply to graduate for Spring 2021 Convocation, please note the no-fee deadline is MARCH 1, 2021

Late applications to graduate will be accepted from March 2 to April 26, 2021.  If you apply during the late application period, and wish to attend your Convocation ceremony, a non-refundable, non-transferable $80 fee will be charged.  No applications to graduate will be accepted after April 26, 2021.

The application to graduate process is completed in UWinsite Student. For complete instructions, please read this ask.UWindsor article.

NOTE: Choose “Winter 2021" as your Expected Graduation Term as this is the term in which you will complete your degree requirements.

After you have applied to graduate, it is recommended that you check your graduation eligibility status in UWinsite Student regularly, as applications are being evaluated on an ongoing basis.

For instructions on how to monitor your graduation eligibility status, please refer to the ask.UWindsor article.

Note:  Your graduation eligibility status will be "Approved" or "Conditionally Eligible" if you have been deemed eligible to graduate.
- "Approved" indicates you are approved to graduate
- "Conditionally Eligible" indicates you are conditionally eligible to graduate based on the successful completion of your courses.

Important:  All graduation email correspondence will be directed to your UWin email account.  All graduation mailings will be sent to the mailing address on file on your UWinsite Student profile.  Please ensure that your current mailing address is up to date.

How will my name appear on my diploma/certificate?  How can I change it?

Your diploma/certificate parchment will display your full legal name, as show on your primary name in UWinsite Student.  To make changes to your official name, you must request the change by emailing the Convocation Coordinator at along with a scanned copy of the appropriate supporting documentation (ie. birth certificate, passport).

For your correct name to appear on your diploma/certificate and in the Convocation program, it must be received by May 1st for the Spring Convocation and by September 15th for the Fall Convocation.  If you send your request after the deadline date, you will have to order and pay for a replacement diploma.


Double Major:  What Ceremony will you attend?

Students who are graduating with a double major will select the ceremony of their first major.  Concurrent Education students usually attend the Education ceremony.  If you wish to change this, please email the Convocation Coordinator at and advise her of your choice.