Before Convocation: Please note that you must apply to graduate
1. Apply to graduate, please log on to UWinsite Student
If you are eligible to apply to graduate for FALL 2023 Convocation, please see the Applying to Graduate web page for the no-fee deadline and the late application deadline. If you apply during the late application period, a non-refundable, non-transferable fee will be charged (See Registrarial Service Fees for Applying After the Deadline Late fee). No applications to graduate will be accepted after the late application deadline found on the Applying to Graduate web page.
Choose Expected Graduation Term (the term in which you will complete your degree requirements), as follows:
- "SUMMER 2023" if you have completed your degree requirements by the end of SUMMER 2023
The degree checkout will not take place if you do not apply to graduate.
2. Check your name as it appears in UWinsite Student under your primary name
For your correct name to appear on your diploma/certificate and in the Convocation program, it must be received by the Update Name deadline.
To make changes to your official name, you must request the change by emailing the Convocation Coordinator at email@example.com along with a scanned copy of the appropriate supporting documentation (ie. birth certificate, passport).
If you send your request after the deadline date, you will have to order and pay for a replacement diploma.
3. Update your MAILING address on your UWinsite Student profile
Update Mailing Address on your UWinsite Student profile by the Update Mailing Address deadline.
To update your address in UWinsite Student, follow the steps below:
1. On the Student Homepage, click the Profile tile.
2. In the left navigation menu, click Addresses.
3. Change your Home Address (permanent address) and/or your Mailing Address (address while attending UWindsor).
- NOTE: If you are living in Residence at UWindsor, your Residence address will be pre-populated and cannot be updated by you in UWinsite Student. Information on Residence mailing addresses can be found here.
Please note: You will need to update your mailing address in UWinsite Student to ensure that, if requested, your diploma is sent to your permanent address.
For steps on how to set up your student profile, please visit this article.
For mailing of any official graduation documents, it is important that your address is current and complete.
Please ensure your address is accurate, complete and follows these guidelines:
- Address: does not include a P.O. Box; includes a Buzzer code for your building (if required); includes a telephone number local to the delivery address
- Deliveries are made during regular business hours. Please check that the address selected meets this requirement