University of Windsor Online WHMIS Training Program
All workers in Canada have a legal right to know how the materials they work with can affect their health or safety.
WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) became law as of October 13, 1988, and was created to assist in reducing injuries, illnesses, deaths and medical costs resulting from exposure to hazardous materials.
Employers are required to establish education and training programs which must be presented annually. Workers are required to participate in the training programs and apply the safety practices they have learned.
In Ontario, the Occupational Health & Safety Act and WHMIS Regulations apply to suppliers employers and workers.
The University of Windsor online WHMIS Training program consists of two sections:
- WHMIS Training Course
- WHMIS Quiz – The link to the quiz is located at the end of the presentation.
Instructions for taking the online WHMIS Training
Note: You must enter your password to access the Training Module
- Select the WHMIS Training Course icon to open the WHMIS training program.
- To begin the program, click on the "Begin the Presentation" box.
- Review the entire WHMIS training program
- Select the "Take the quiz" box at the end of the training course to access Quiz, *
- Complete the WHMIS Training Quiz
Some versions of Mozilla will not save your WHMIS quiz. It is recommended that you use Internet Explorer to complete the quiz.