Affiliations & Honours
- President, Canadian Law and Society Association (2003-2005)
- Canadian Association of Law Teachers.
- Law Society of Upper Canada (1985-2000)
Honours & Awards
- Collaborator, "Global Freedom of Expression Project", National Science Foundation (USA), September 2015.
- Mary Lou Dietz Equity Leadership Award, University of Windsor, 2013.
- Faculty of Law, University of Windsor, Teacher of the Year Award, 2012.
- Collaborator, "The Religion and Diversity Project", Major Collaborative Research Initiative (MCRI), SSHRC, March 2010.
- University of Windsor Alumni Association, Award for Distinguished Contributions to University Teaching, 2009.
- Standard SSHRC Grant – “The Secularization of Religious Freedom” (2006-2009)
- Standard SSHRC Grant - “Freedom of Conscience and Religion in Canada” (2002-2005)
- University of Windsor Humanities Research Group Fellow (1994-1995)
- University of Windsor, Excellence in Research and Scholarship Award, 2007, 2008.