Your audition is the first step toward success in any University music program.
Mock Auditions will now take place in collaboration with our University Open houses.
At a Mock Audition, you will:
- Learn what schools of music are looking for in students;
- Learn how to prepare for an audition and for academic music studies;
- Meet faculty and current students who are happy to answer your questions;
- Get some experience! You will perform a mock audition and may have an informal interview with faculty. You may choose to perform or just be interviewed; one piece (3-5 minutes in length) is appropriate.
Audition Requirements Information (by instrument)
Update: Due to concerns over COVID-19, the School of Creative Arts has cancelled all in-person mock auditions.
SoCA Music will be going forward with auditions and mock auditions in Video format only. The audition panel, made up of full time faculty, will either meet to review, or review individually the submissions and then make decisions based on the videos. Applicants my send a video via email attachment, YouTube link (visibility may be set to “unlisted” if you wish), or Vimeo link (privacy may be set to “only people with a password” if you wish – but be sure to send us the password), prepared according to the following conditions:
- The applicant’s face and hands must be visible while performing
- The audition must be recorded in one session and be unedited
- If the repertoire performed requires accompanist, the video must be recorded with on
- Video must be of high quality
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
If you have questions about preparing for your audition, please contact the School of Creative Arts and we will answer your questions.
Tel: (519) 253-3000 ext. 2829