April 1, 2016 - Nursing lecturer Jason Kiernan has been selected to be the recipient of the 2016 Council of Ontario Programs in Nursing (COUPN) Excellence in Teaching Award. This award recognizes excellence in teaching by a faculty member in a COUPN university program. The award criteria are:
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
• Demonstrated ability to stimulate students to think creatively and critically.
• Demonstrated caring for student learning and student well-being.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for teaching.
• Demonstrated ability to foster the development of students as nursing professionals.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate student to exceed their own expectations.
Prof. Kiernan was nominated for this award by BScN student Elizabeth Dillon. Supporting letters were submitted by BScN students Destiny Cadarette and Patrick Frias