The General Nursing Lab contains:
- One health assessment lab (located in the Dr. Murray O'Neil Medical Education Centre)
- Three skills practice labs (located in Anthony P. Toldo Health Education Centre)
- An extensive selection of health promotion materials, resources and models
Students use/visit the lab to:
- Utilize available mannequins, models and equipment to practice any psychomotor skill
- Reserve educational equipment to assist with client or community teaching plans
- Check out our great selection of pamphlets and posters for use in teaching
- Use one of the many reference textbooks
- Make an appointment with a Peer Mentor to review or practice specific skills
The Clinical Lab Coordinator is available to assist students in their learning. As well, our peer mentoring program allows nursing students to assist their peers with learning. Peer Mentors are 3rd or 4th year nursing students who are hired into the lab based on recommendations by Clinical Instructors. Peer Mentors are available at select times daily to assist students with skill practice.
The General Nursing Lab is located on the second floor of the Anthony P. Toldo Health Education Centre and on the third floor of the Dr. Murray O'Neil Medical Education Centre.
Hours of Operation
Drop-ins welcome, however, appointments are highly recommended. Call 519.253.3000, x2282 for an appointment or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Peer mentors are available at select times - please see Clinical Learning Centre Brightspace site for peer mentor availability and details related to lab hours.
For more information, please contact:
Clinical Lab Coordinator
T: 519.253.3000, x2282
Follow us on Instagram: uofw_clc