- One health assessment lab (located in the Dr. Murray O'Neil Medical Education Centre)
- Two skills practice labs (located in Anthony P. Toldo Health Education Centre)
- A computer centre equipped with 25 computers (located in Anthony P. Toldo Health Education Centre)
- An extensive selection of health promotion materials, resources and models
Students use/visit the lab to:
- Utilize available mannequins, models and equipment to practice any psychomotor skill
- Visit the computer lab to study, work on assignments or review videos related to specific skills or nursing concepts to refresh or expand their knowledge base
- Reserve educational equipment to assist with client or community teaching plans
- Check out our great selection of pamphlets and posters for use in teaching
- Use one of the many reference textbooks
- Make an appointment with a Peer Mentor to review or practice specific skills
The Clinical Lab Coordinator is available to assist students in their learning. As well, our peer mentoring program allows nursing students to assist their peers with learning. Peer Mentors are 3rd or 4th year nursing students who are hired into the lab based on recommendations by Clinical Instructors. Peer Mentors are available at select times daily to assist students with skill practice.
View the Lab Guidelines.
Hours of Operation:
Drop-ins welcome, however, appointments are highly recommended. Call 519.253.3000, x2282 for an appointment or email email@example.com.
Peer mentors are available at select times - please see Clinical Learning Centre Blackboard site announcements for peer mentor availability and details related to lab hours.
Clinical Lab Coordinator
T: 519.253.3000, x2282