- Two health assessment labs
- A ward unit practice lab
- A computer centre equipped with 25 computers and a printer (GoPrint system)
- An extensive selection of health promotion materials, resources and models
Students use/visit the lab to:
- Utilize available mannequins, models and equipment to practice any psychomotor skill
- Review videos/DVDs related to specific skills or nursing concepts to refresh or expand their knowledge base
- Visit the computer lab to study or work on assignments
- Reserve educational equipment to assist with client or community teaching plans
- Check out our great selection of pamphlets and posters for use in teaching
- Use one of the many reference textbooks
- Make an appointment with a lab staff member to review or practice specific skills
The Nursing Lab & Education Coordinator is available to assist students in their learning. As well, our peer mentoring program allows nursing students to assist their peers with learning. Peer Mentors are 3rd or 4th year nursing students who are hired into the lab based on recommendations by Clinical Instructors. Peer Mentors are available at select times daily to assist students with skill practice.
View the Lab Guidelines.
Hours of Operation:
Note: Hours are subject to change without notice. Drop-ins welcome, however, appointments are highly recommended. Call 519.253.3000, x2282 for an appointment. Please note that messages may take a few days to be returned. If your request is urgent, please contact the Main Nursing Office at 519.253.3000, x2265 or email email@example.com.
Peer mentors are available at select times - please see Clinical Learning Centre Blackboard site announcements for peer mentor availability and details related to lab hours.
Hours for August/early September 2018 (subject to change without notice):
The nursing lab will be open for practice with a peer mentor available as listed below. Please read carefully as the lab is not open every day. Skill practice stations will be set up and drop in practice is encouraged (appointments not required).
- Tuesday, Aug 14th 9am to 3pm
- Wednesday, Aug 15th 9am to 3pm
- Thursday, Aug 16th 9am to 4pm
- Friday, Aug 17th CLOSED
- Monday, Aug 20th 10am to 3pm
- Tuesday, Aug 21st 10am to 3pm
- Wednesday, Aug 22nd 10am to 3pm
- Thursday, Aug 23rd 10am to 3pm
- Friday, Aug 24th CLOSED
- Monday, Aug 27th 10am to 3pm
- Tuesday, Aug 28th 10am to 3pm
- Wednesday, Aug 29th CLOSED FOR PEER MENTOR ORIENTATION
- Thursday, Aug 30th 9am to 4pm
- Friday, Aug 31st 9am to 2pm
- Monday, Sept 3rd CLOSED FOR LABOUR DAY HOLIDAY
- Tuesday, Sept 4th 12noon to 5pm
For more information, please contact:
Nursing Clinical Lab Coordinator - TBD
T: 519.253.3000, x2282