Collaborative Specializations

A collaborative specialization is an intra-university graduate program that provides an additional multidisciplinary experience for students enrolled in and completing the degree requirements for one of a number of approved programs. Students meet the admission requirements of and register in the participating (or “home”) program but complete, in addition to the degree requirements of that program, the additional requirements specified by the collaborative program. The degree conferred is that of the home program, and the completion of the collaborative program is indicated by a transcript notation indicating the additional specialization that has been attained (e.g., MA in Political Science with specialization in American Studies).

“Collaborative Specialization” is an intra-university, inter- or multidisciplinary experiences pursued as part of an approved masters or PhD program.

Currently, there are no graduate programs at the University of Windsor which offer a collaborative specialization. To propose a new collaborative specialization, a PDC Form B will need to be completed and submitted.

PDC Form B: Major Program Changes