- Residence will be open for students who choose to live on campus in the fall and winter semesters of 2020-2021. Building options may change throughout the summer based on operational requirements.
- Students who have received their room assignment for fallwinter 2020-2021, can still live on campus in the fall and winter terms. Based on occupancy, Residence Services reserves the right to change room assignments, if necessary.
- If a building and/or room assignment is made, students will be notified individually throughout the summer.
- No additional fees will be charged if students are required to move to a residence hall with a higher room rate.
- Any secondary student applying to residence and paying their deposit by the June 1st, 2020 confirmation deadline, will be guaranteed a room in residence for the 2020-2021 Fall/Winter academic terms.
- Residence applications received after June 1st, 2020 will be assigned based on room availability.
- Secondary students who apply to residence for the winter semester will be guaranteed a room in residence for the Winter term 2021. A deadline date to apply will be communicated in early fall.
Students should apply for OSAP for the fall and winter if they plan to study on-line from their home in the fall and apply to residence for the winter semester.
On the initial OSAP application, where it asks where a student will be residing during their study period, the student should indicate ‘at home’. If it is the student’s intention to move into residence for the winter term, the student will need to contact the Student Awards and Financial Aid office and request an adjustment to their living expenses for the winter term.
- Residence Services will be adapting spaces to ensure that living on campus will be a safe and a positive experience for students.
- Rooms will be assigned as single occupancy for the fall semester, with shared washrooms.
- Additional cleaning will be done where communal washrooms are used and students living in suite style layouts, will be responsible for their own cleaning.
- Students living in a single room will be charged the single room rate. Students assigned to a double room (by themselves) will be charged a double room rate but may be assigned a roommate if restrictions are lifted in the fall or for the winter semester
A: For students who have already received a room assignment or have applied and paid a deposit, Residence Services will not be deferring applications. A cancellation request would need to be submitted, and they will need to re-apply in the winter semester.
A. see the section that pertains to you
Students will receive their room assignment by email, they have up to 7 days to cancel their residence application and receive a full refund of their deposit.
Students who have been notified of their room assignment by email and it is past their 7-day cancellation period, they can complete a Cancellation Form by Friday, July 24th, 2020 to cancel their residence contract but they will lose their deposit. Requests for a cancellation received after July 24th, will not be supported and students will remain in their residence contract, unless they are not registered as a University of Windsor student or are able to find a replacement suitable to Residence Services.
Beyond 1st Year Student who have been assigned prior to July 15, 2020
Students who have been assigned to residence, prior to July 15, 2020 can request to cancel their application and deposit by July 15th, 2020 or within 7 days after they receive the room assignment, whichever comes later, to receive a full refund of their deposit and cancel their 8-month contract.
If students have already been assigned to residence and the request for cancellation is after July 15, 2020 (or 7 days after they receive their room assignment, whichever is later), they will remain in their residence contract unless they find a replacement suitable to Residence Services or are no longer registered University of Windsor student.
Beyond 1st Year Students Still Interested in Applying to Residence
Some Beyond 1st Year students may choose to live on campus in the fall semester. If students apply and pay their deposit after July 15th, 2020, they will be sent their room assignment by email. To request a cancellation of their residence contract, they would be required to complete a Cancellation Form within 7 days to receive a partial refund of their deposit and cancel their contract. After the 7 days notification, they will remain in their residence contract unless they are not registered as a University of Windsor student or are able to find a replacement suitable to Residence Services.
A. Any student requesting a cancellation of their residence application must complete the residence cancellation form Cancellation Form.
A. The residence refund will be placed on the student's university account. For questions regarding student financial accounts, contact Cashiers at firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Decisions on winter course delivery will be made in the fall semester. Updates for residence options and room assignments will be made at that time.