- Bachelor of Science in Nursing 1979: University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology 1979; University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- Master of Science (Nursing) 1997; University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario
- PhD (Nursing) 2016
- Maternal/Child Health
- Family Health
- Community Health
Married to Frank; three children, Kristyn married to Greg (2005), Frank Jr., and Amber Louise. Dodger the dog is also part of our family! I enjoy golf and curling but most of all watching my children pursue their dance and hockey talents. I have been teaching at the University of Windsor since 1982. I hope to awaken an understanding and passion for the profession of nursing in my students that they will remember throughout their careers.
- Maternal/Child Health
- Mental/Emotional Health in the Perinatal Period
- Patient experiences with Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Incivility in Nursing Education
- Doctoral Research: ‘Women’s personal construction of mental health as they transition through pregnancy’
- University of Windsor Team partner with Dr. Evangeline Danesco (University of Ottawa, Katherine Hguchi (University of Ottawa), and Hotel-Dieu Hospital (RNAO BPG Spotlight Organization) researching the facilitators and barriers to the Therapeutic Relationship BPG (Fall 2006-Summber 2008).
Dayus, D., Rajacich, D., & Carty, L. (2001). Health promotion of infertile couples through support groups. Guidance & Counseling, 16(4), 110-114.
Commissioned Research Reports
Danesco, E., Andrew, J., Higuchi, K. S., Dayus, D., Davies, B., Development of tools to assess facilitators and barriers to "Establishing therapeutic relationships", Final Report, Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario, 2007, Published, Best Practice Research Unit/Best Practice Guideline, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, June.
63-271 Family Health
63-275 Maternal Child Nursing
63-476 Community Clinical Year IV
63-272 Clinical Year II
63-274 Clinical Year II
Family and Community Year III
Clinical Plan II, Level I
Community Health Theory Plan II, Level I
Professional Affiliations and Community Involvement
- College of Nurses of Ontario
- Registered Nurses of Ontario
- RNAO Childbirth Interest Group
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Iota Omicron Chapter (University of Western Ontario)
- Sigma Theta Tau Internatiional, Tau Upsilon Chaper (University of Windsor)
- VON Windsor-Essex Branch – Community board member
- BBBB (Building Blocks for Better Babies) board member
- MCC Windsor-Essex (Maternal Child Coalition) – board member
Nursing can be anything you want it to be…come be part of the challenge!