Adjunct Associate Professor - Labatt Family School of Nursing, University of Western Ontario
- Reg.N. Diploma - Victoria Hospital
- BScN - University of Windsor
- MA - Central Michigan University
- MSc (Nursing) - University of Windsor
- PhD (Clinical Health Sciences Nursing) - McMaster University
- Senior University Administrators Course (SUAC) - University of Manitoba - 2009
- Western Region College Teaching Program Certificate - 1992
Dr. Patrick has held staff nurse positions in acute care (ICU, emergency, dialysis & maternal child) and community settings (Victorian Order of Nurses and Diabetes Wellness Program, Sandwich CHC) throughout her career as a Registered Nurse. She has over 20 years experience in academia, working in both community college and university settings, and currently is in a second five-year term as Dean of the Faculty of Nursing at the University of Windsor.
Master of Arts focus: Curriculum development and evaluation in post-secondary settings.
Master of Science (nursing): Health promotion on Canadian college and university campuses.
PhD (Clinical Health Sciences Nursing): Research focus – The meaning of type 2 diabetes for women with previous gestational diabetes.
Current Research Interests
- Empowerment and mentoring in nursing academia
- Compassion fatigue and caregiver stress
- Bullying and upward violence in AcademiaMaternal/Child
Research Methodology Interest
- Existential Phenomenology; Mixed Methods
- Predicting success: An analysis of the characteristics of applicants to the Ontario PHCNP program
- Scoping review of ‘upward violence’ in peer-reviewed health research
Publications from 2010 onwwards; complete list in CV.
Pfaff, K., Freeman-Gibb, L., Patrick, L., Di Biase, R., & Moretti, O. Reducing the ‘cost of caring’ in cancer care: Evaluation of an interprofessional compassion fatigue resiliency program
Singh, M., Patrick, L., & Pilkington, B., An exploration of the pre-tenure and tenure process experiences of Canadian nursing faculty, Quality Advancement in Nursing Education, 2016.
Thompson, D. S., Fazio, E., Kustra, E., Patrick, L., & Stanley D., Scoping review of complexity theory in health services research, BMC Health Services Research, 2016.
Published since 2010:
Singh, M., Pilkington, E. B., Patrick, L., Empowerment and Mentoring in Nursing Academia, International Journal of Nursing Education and Scholarship, 11(1), 1-11, 2014.
Patrick, Linda J., The Obesity Epidemic and Women's Health, Journal of Women's Health, Issues and Care(ISSN: 2325-9795 doi:10.4172/2325-9795.1000e102), 1, 2012, July, Invited, Guest Editorial.
Evans, Marilyn K., Patrick, Linda . J. Wellington, Christine M., Health Behaviours of Women With Previous Gestational Diabetes, Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 34(3), 227-232, 2010, September.
Books Edited and Co-Authored
Gregory, D., Raymond-Seniuk, C., & Patrick, L., Fundamentals: Perspectives on the Art and Science of Canadian Nursing, Wolters Kluwer – 2015. Invited Editor. Second Edition in process.
Recent Courses Taught
63-594 - Community and Population Health
63-531 - Leadership and Management in Oncology/Palliative Care Settings - developed
63-481 - Transition to Professional Practice - co-developed
63-596 - Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Leadership -developed
63-597 - Innovations in Nursing Leadership – developed
63-580 - Readings Course. Teaching and Evaluation in Nursing Education
Current Memberships on Professional Boards and Committees
- Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN) Board member from Ontario
- Chair, Education Committee, CASN
- Chair, Ontario Primary Health Care Nursing Practitioner Program (PHCNP)
- Council of Ontario Universities Schools of Nursing (COUPN) Executive Committee
- COUPN/CAATS Executive Committee
- Member, Governance Council for the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry Windsor Program located at the University of Windsor
SWAHN Steering Committee Member
- Leadership Table (Invited) - The Corporation of the City of Windsor, Healthy Kids Community Challenge
- Member, Academy of Canadian Executive Nurses