- Sept. 2002-2012: PhD in Nursing, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Advisor: Dr. Laurel Northouse
- 1994-1999: Master of Science in Nursing - Adult Primary Care Nurse Practitioner, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan
- 1983-1987: Bachelor of Science – Nursing, University of Windsor
- 1981-1983: Bachelor of Arts – Political Science, University of Windsor
- The American Society of Breast Disease
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Lambda Chapter, Wayne State University
- Advanced Practice Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing
I am a transplanted Windsorite, originally from northern Ontario. I have worked for last twenty years in the United States of America. Last eight years as a Nurse Practitioner in a collaborative Breast Oncology Center and then in Internal Medicine GI. I completed my PhD in Nursing at University of Michigan with a focus on Bio-behavioural Health. Avid reader, runner and roller bladder who can be coerced into camping if the weather is good.
2012: Fear of Cancer Recurrence in Breast cancer patients. Dissertation work University of Michigan.
- Cancer Survivorship- area of interest Breast Cancer
- Cancer decision making- Beast cancer surgical interventions
- Technology and Teaching
Presenter, ‘Technologies effect on teaching larger classes in the University Setting’. May 2008, 2nd Annual Oakland University/University of Windsor 2008 International Teaching Learning Conference. Rochester, MI
Mellon, S., Kershaw T. S., Northouse, L.L., Freeman-Gibb L. (2007). A family-based model to predict fear of recurrence for cancer survivors and their caregivers. Psychooncology, 16(3), 214-223.
Kaufman CS, Littrup PJ, Freeman-Gibb LA, Smith JS, Francescatti D, Simmons R, Stocks LH, Bailey L, Harness JK, Bachman BA, Henry CA. (2005). Office-based cryoablation of breast fibroadenomas with long-term follow-up. Breast J., Sep-Oct;11(5):344-50.
Littrup PJ, Freeman-Gibb L, Andea A, White M, Amerikia KC, Bouwman D, Harb T, Sakr W. (2005). Cryotherapy for breast fibroadenomas. Radiology. Jan;234(1):63-72.
- 63- 373: Nursing Care of Clients with Complex Health Problems
- 63-374/378: Clinical Experience- Medical/Surgical Hospital
- 63-477: Directed Study