Students are responsible for making an appointment at a Bayshore clinic in order to be cleared prior to starting their clinical placements. This pre-clearance only needs to be done once per year - for most students, this takes place before they enter the fall semester. See appointment deadline dates below for details.
Please read the BAYSHORE information sheet that contains detailed instructions including contact information to make appointments for Bayshore.
Students are also responsible to download and complete the non-medical forms for their Bayshore appointment. The link to the non-medical forms is provided below.
Students will bring all of their original completed requirements / documents (immunizations, police clearance, etc.) to their Bayshore appointment. The Bayshore nurse will review the requirements and documents, and then will let the student know whether they are "cleared" to go to clinical or "not cleared". If the student is "not cleared", this means that they have something missing and/or incomplete, and the student will have to make one or more additional appointments until they are "cleared" for clinical.
Students will be charged a fee for each appointment. This is why it is important that students have all required documentation ready for their first appointment.
Please note clearance deadlines, as follows:
First year (year 1) BScN Collaborative Students:
- You must be cleared by October 31, 2020. Appointments for first year students will be available from October 9 to 31, 2020. You may contact Bayshore anytime from September 30, 2020 onwards to schedule your appointment.
Years 2, 3, and 4 BScN Collaborative Students:
Students may contact Bayshore (firstname.lastname@example.org) anytime between June 15, 2020 and August 24, 2020 to schedule an appointment. PLEASE NOTE: If you email Bayshore after August 24 to schedule your appointment, you will be charged a $20.00 late scheduling fee.
- If you are starting clinical in Spring 2020, including consolidation courses (and were not enrolled in clinical this past fall or winter), you must be cleared by March 31, 2020.
- Most students: If you are starting clinical in Fall 2020, you must be cleared between June 15, 2020 and August 24, 2020.
- If you are starting clinical in Winter 2021 (and are not enrolled in this fall clinical), you must be cleared by November 30, 2020.
- If you are starting clinical in Spring 2021, including consolidation courses (and were not enrolled in clinical this past fall or winter), you must be cleared by March 31, 2021.
Master of Science in Nursing (MScN) and Master of Nursing (MN) Students:
- Advanced Professional Nursing Practicum (Winter 2021), you must be cleared by November 30, 2020.
Nurse Practitioner (NP) Students:
- Integrative Practicum Course (Spring/Summer 2020) - for students who did not take the fall or winter courses: You must be cleared by March 31, 2020.
- AHAD I/Therapeutics I Courses (Fall 2020): You must be cleared between June 15, 2020 and August 24, 2020.
- AHAD II/Therapeutics II Courses (Winter 2021) - for students who did not take the fall courses: You must be cleared by November 30, 2020.
- Integrative Practicum Course (Spring/Summer 2021) - for students who did not take the fall or winter courses: You must be cleared by March 31, 2021
If you have questions, please contact:
Bayshore Home Care Solutions
email@example.com - 1st point of contact
Susan Rotondi-Moore - 2nd point of contact
Natalie Bownes - 3rd point of contact