About the Alumni Association
Through service to the University of Windsor, the Alumni Association adds value to the lives of alumni and friends. In partnership with alumni and friends, the Association fosters pride in the University and enhances the UWindsor reputation through communication, celebration of success and the development of lifelong relationships with graduates past, present and future.
Diploma Framer Volunteer Job Description (Job ID: V1-2018)
The Diploma Framer is responsible for framing diplomas at Convocation based on graduate requests, and to provide friendly customer service to new graduates, family members and other convocation attendees.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Frame diplomas in a timely manner, based on graduate or family member order(s) (training provided where required)
- Provide timely, professional and friendly customer service to graduates, family members, and other convocation attendees
- Ensure all supplies required for diploma framing are adequately stocked to provide timely service
- Where available, provide feedback and suggestions on how to improve service(s) to the Alumni Engagement Office or Alumni Coordinator of Special Projects
Skills / Qualifications
Required skills / qualifications include:
- Positive, outgoing with a commitment to providing timely, professional and friendly customer service
- Ability to work independently in a team-oriented environment
- Able to multi-task, problem solve and work within a fast-paced environment
- Effective communication skills, specifically verbal
- Strong attention to detail required
- Volunteer experience considered an asset
- Bilingualism considered an asset
- Volunteers are required to commit to at least one framing session (3 hours). (May include weekend sessions where required)
- Additional time commitments may be required for training and other administrative requirements related to the role
- Indoor, climate-controlled work environment
- Weekdays, weekends and evening work may be required for this role (dependent on schedule)
- This role requires standing and/or sitting for long periods of time, possibly upwards of 3 hours
- Some repetitive tasks may be required, such as framing techniques
- Heavy lifting of objects less than 40 lbs. may be required (lifting boxes of frames and materials)
If you meet the qualifications listed above and would like to volunteer with the University of Windsor Alumni Association, we want to hear from you!
Please be advised that a limited number of volunteer opportunities exist. Although the Alumni Association may not be able to accept all applicants, applications and resumes will be retained electronically for 12 months. Should future volunteer opportunities become available that match your skills and experience, the Alumni Relations and Advancement Office will reach out accordingly.
The Alumni Relations and Advancement Office will review all applications in relation to available opportunities and contacts persons whose skills and experience match these opportunities.
The Alumni Relations and Advancement Office, in collaboration with the University of Windsor Alumni Association is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you to meet your needs.