What is the Career Peer Advising Program?
Career Development and Experiential Learning (CDEL) launched a peer advising program in August 2017 to allow us to better support students with expanded drop-in hours and readily available assistance. With the guidance of CDEL staff, Peer Advisors (PAs) are a vital resource for students in all areas of career development and job search. Our PAs are thoroughly trained to advise students from all disciplines in career-related topics and provide career coaching sessions. PAs are also ambassadors for CDEL, leading campus-wide promotional initiatives and supporting events.
Winter 2021 Peer Advising (January 12 - April 8)
NEW!!! Quick Peer Review Resume and Cover Letter Appointments Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings.
Already have a resume or cover letter written but want a second opinion? Book a 20 minute appointment with one of our trained peer advisors. They'll meet with you over Microsoft Teams and provide feedback on formatting and content. This is an especially ideal option if you already plan to apply for a part-time or entry-level role. If you would like a longer appointment or a more thorough review, please book a regular Cover Letter and Resume appointment with one of our professional advisors.
How to Book:
Log in tomySuccess
Choose Book an Appointment from the
Quick Menu in the bottom right corner or Career and then Appointments from the full menu on the left.
Choose theCareer Advising - Cover Letter and Resume (Quick Peer Review) appointment type to see available openings.
- Upload the resume or cover letter you'd like critiqued.
- The peer advisor will send you a MS Teams invite prior to the appointment start time.
Drop-In Hours: Tuesday to Thursday from 12 - 2pm
Join us in the Virtual Workshop and Advising Room on the CDEL Blackboard organization site and expect to spend 10-15 minutes with a trained PA to receive tips, resources, and recommended next steps for:
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Job Searching
- Interview Skills
- Career Planning
See below for instructions on how to join the Blackboard site to gain access.
- At any time during drop in, you can access the room in the menu on the left, and select the session by date.
- The room will be open 15 minutes before drop-in hours start.
- There are no drop in hours during reading week, the exam period, or when the University is closed.
- The most up to date schedule can always be found on the mySuccess Career events calendar.
How to Join the CDEL Blackboard Organization Site:
- Log in to blackboard.uwindsor.ca
- Paste this link in your browser while logged in: https://blackboard.uwindsor.ca/webapps/uwin-utils-BBLEARN/join?p=1c7eff5d-1f7b-4191-8695-a614c8c03e3c
- Once enrolled, you will see the site on your Blackboard homepage under "My Organizations".
Interested in Becoming a Peer Advisor?
Learn how to join our team. Applications for 2020-21 are now closed. Stay tuned for future oppoortunities.