What is the Career Peer Advising Program?
Career Development and Experiential Learning (CDEL) launched a peer advising program in August 2017 to allow us to better support students with expanded drop-in hours and readily available assistance. With the guidance of CDEL staff, Peer Advisors (PAs) are a vital resource for students in all areas of career development and job search. Our PAs are thoroughly trained to advise students from all disciplines in career-related topics and provide career coaching sessions. PAs are also ambassadors for CDEL, leading campus-wide promotional initiatives and supporting events.
Fall 2020 Peer Advising Drop-In Hours (September 8 - December 10)
Monday to Thursday from 10am - 2pm
Join us in the Virtual Workshop and Advising Room on the CDEL Blackboard organization site and expect to spend 10-15 minutes with a trained PA to receive tips, resources, and recommended next steps for:
- Resume & Cover Letter Writing
- Job Searching
- Interview Skills
- Career Planning
See below for instructions on how to join the Blackboard site to gain access.
- At any time during drop in, you can access the room in the menu on the left, and select the session by date.
- The room will be open 15 minutes before drop-in hours start.
- There are no drop in hours during reading week, the exam period, or when the University is closed.
- The most up to date schedule can always be found on the mySuccess Career events calendar.
How to Join the CDEL Blackboard Organization Site:
- Log in to blackboard.uwindsor.ca
- Paste this link in your browser while logged in: https://blackboard.uwindsor.ca/webapps/uwin-utils-BBLEARN/join?p=1c7eff5d-1f7b-4191-8695-a614c8c03e3c
- Once enrolled, you will see the site on your Blackboard homepage under "My Organizations".
Interested in Becoming a Peer Advisor?
Learn how to join our team. Applications for 2020-21 are now closed. Stay tuned for future oppoortunities.