Ordering Chemicals

Chemicals are commonly used in University research laboratories.  If you require chemicals for your research, you will first need to obtain clearance to use such chemicals in your laboratory.  You may then go through the process of ordering the chemicals required through the Chemical Control Centre.  A chemical is defined as an item which is controlled by a Material Safety Data Sheet and/or has been assigned a CAS (Chemical Abstracts Service) Number.

If you have never ordered chemicals through the Chemical Control Centre before, your first option is to contact the Chemical Control Centre by phone, email or in person to order your supplies or ask questions.  You may also purchase commonly used laboratory and office supplies from the CCC.

Office: B37 Essex Hall
Phone: (519) 253-3000 ext. 3523
Fax: (519) 973-7013
Email: ccc@uwindsor.ca

Ordering Chemicals and Supplies

New Faculty Member or Department

You will need to setup an account. Fill out and submit the Internal Account Update form  and submit it to ccc@uwindsor.ca.  The form will give us your contact information as well as anyone else who will be ordering using your account.  Please note, for an individual to be able to order using your account, they must complete step 2.  This includes yourself if you will be handling chemicals.

To be authorized to place orders the Laboratory Safety Orientation Checklist must be filled out and signed by your supervisor.

New Orders - Electronic Requisition

You may use the following electronic Purchase Order Requisition (.pdf) document to forward a new order request to our team at ccc@uwindsor.ca for compliance review and order placement:

Purchase Order Requisition (.pdf)

To utilize the "Submit" button, you must open the PDF in Adobe Reader.


Remote Re-ordering of Chemicals

If you are reordering chemicals you have already used in your laboratory which were provided by the CCC, you may use the remote ordering system to place your order.  The following link leads to the remote ordering system to reorder your supplies:

Re-Order Chemicals

Need help placing an order?

Don't know if the CCC can order it? Please see the following Ordering Aids for examples, or contact the CCC.

Useful Information


Contact the Chemical Control Centre

If you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Chemical Control Centre
 B37 Essex Hall
Phone: (519) 253-3000 ext. 3523
Fax: (519) 973-7013
Email: ccc@uwindsor.ca