Propel XL is back for 2019!
Looking for career advice and inspiration? In partnership with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and EPICentre, Career Development & Experiential Learning is excited to host Propel XL - a career academy and professional development event exclusively for graduate students.
- Date: April 23rd
- Time: 9:00-3:00
- Location: Alumni Auditorium
- Registration: Register here by April 16th
Learn from and be inspired by a highly successful keynote speaker, reflection and communication activities, and panels of successful recent grads with graduate degrees! Lunch will be provided.
9:00 – Registration check in and LinkedIn photography.
- Have a professional headshot taken for your LinkedIn profile so you can make your profile as professional as possible!
9:30 – Start, introductions, Who You Are Matters.
- Who You Are Matters is a group activity that will help you improve your communication and listening skills (which are vital for networking and interviews), self-awareness, and ability to provide proof while speaking about yourself. OneLifeTools is travelling from Toronto to facilitate this for us!
11:30 – Guest speaker: Debbie Landers
Debbie has had an impressive career, and this is your opportunity to learn from someone who has a graduate degree and has experienced tremendous success! She held senior executive positions globally and in Canada, becoming one of IBM’s top 300 executives. She was a key player in growing IBM’s software and cloud businesses, became a spokesperson on AI and Blockchain, and participated in a number of innovation and government relations initiatives.
Since leaving IBM, Debbie has been on working as a consultant helping emerging companies in Canada, the US and the UK ready themselves strategically and operationally for their next stage of growth. While doing this she has built a strong network of companies, advisors and growth equity investors.
Debbie is an Advisor to 2 Canadian and 2 US companies, is on the Board to Directors of WETech Alliance and on the Industry Advisory Board of the University of Windsor EPICentre.
12:30 – Lunch and LinkedIn photography.
- Enjoy lunch and the oportunity to get your profile headshot taken
1:30 – Panels. There will be 2 panels of professionals who hold graduate degrees:
- Entrepreneurship Panel (organized by EPICentre): This panel consists of graduate students/recent grads who own their own businesses and are their own bosses.
- Traditionally Employed Panel. This panel includes recent graduates who are employed by an employer (academic and non-academic): There will be employees representing different sectors.
3:00 - End
Register here by April 16th.
Please only register if you are going to attend.
Any questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org