Before Convocation: Please note that you must apply to graduate
Apply to graduate, please log on to Uwinsite Student
If you are eligible to apply to graduate for Spring 2021 Convocation, please note the no-fee deadline is March 1, 2021. Late applications to graduate will be accepted from March 2 to April 26, 2021. If you apply during the late application period, and wish to attend your Convocation ceremony, a non-refundable, non-transferable $80 fee will be charged. No applications to graduate will be accepted after April 26, 2021.
Choose “Fall 2020” or “Winter 2021" as your Expected Graduation Term as this is the term in which you will complete your degree requirements. After you have applied to graduate, it is recommended that you check your graduation eligibility status in UWinsite Student regularly, as applications are being evaluated on an ongoing basis.
The degree checkout will not take place if you do not apply to graduate.
Check your name as it appears in UWinsite Student under your primary name
For your correct name to appear on your diploma/certificate and in the Convocation program, it must be received by May 1st for the Spring Convocation and by September 15th for the Fall Convocation.
To make changes to your official name, you must request the change by emailing the Convocation Coordinator at email@example.com along with a scanned copy of the appropriate supporting documentation (ie. birth certificate, passport).
If you send your request after the deadline date, you will have to order and pay for a replacement diploma.
Update your mailing address on your UWinsite Student profile
By April 26, 2021
To update your address in UWinsite Student, follow the steps below:
- On the Student Homepage, click the Profile tile.
- In the left navigation menu, click Addresses.
- Change your Home Address (permanent address) and/or your Mailing Address (address while attending UWindsor).
Note: If you are living in Residence at UWindsor, your Residence address will be pre-populated and cannot be updated by you in UWinsite Student. Information on Residence mailing addresses can be found here.
Please note: If, upon graduation, you do not intend to attend your Convocation Ceremony, you will need to update your mailing address in UWinsite Student to ensure your diploma is sent to your permanent address.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent cancellation of in-person Spring 2021 ceremonies, all diplomas will be couriered to graduates. To ensure you receive your parchment, it is important that your address is current and complete.
Please ensure your address is accurate, complete and follows these guidelines:
- Address: does not include a P.O. Box; includes a Buzzer code for your building (if required); includes a telephone number local to the delivery address
- Deliveries are made during regular business hours. Please check that the address selected meets this requirement
Set up your Graduation Slide for the virtual ceremony
To participate in the University of Windsor’s virtual Convocation this spring, please complete the steps below before 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18, 2021. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your name read during your Spring 2021 Convocation ceremony.
You will receive an email to your uwin account with instructions to set your password and will be directed to MarchingOrder, an independent third-party contractor providing additional services in connection with your convocation ceremony. You may elect to register and provide the information needed to create a personalized slide to be displayed during your convocation ceremony.
- Create your password.
- Log in and complete the registration process.
- You may return to the site anytime by going to the MarchingOrder Login Page and using your email address:
- Create your personalized graduation slide
- Add a photo of yourself - graduation themed is encouraged! (.jpg or .png files only; max file size in 5MB)
- Add a personal message to your family & friends (150 characters max)
- Provide the phonetic pronunciation of your name
- Provide the telephone number where we can reach you. Within three minutes of submitting your telephone number, you will receive a call where you will be asked to say your name two times.
- First, say your name clearly, at a normal conversation speed.
- Then repeat your name slowly, emphasizing any special pronunciations.
- After you finish, hit pound (#).
- You will hear your recording.
- Press 1 to accept your recording OR Press 2 to record again.
- Wait until you hear "Thank You," then hang up.
- Don't forget to press the Submit button online. If you do not hit the submit button, your recording may not be saved.
As a reminder, Spring 2021 Convocation includes 13 sessions. All sessions will be streamed on the University’s website and housed there for future viewing.
We look forward to celebrating your accomplishments with you, your family and friends.
Office of the Registrar
University of Windsor
Please note: For those students completing degree requirements this past winter, we are assuming that you have satisfactorily met all Senate approved regulations with this outreach. Once the final check out has been completed, if it has been determined that you are not eligible to graduate, we will remove you from the Spring 2021 Convocation ceremony.
Your diploma delivery is insured against loss and damage. There will be special arrangements to confirm every recipient has received their diploma. Details are forthcoming but may include having the courier wait to visually confirm delivery.
The rental fee is:
- $29 ($14.50 for the gown; $14.50 for the hood)
- The Ph.D. fee is $45 ($30.00 for the gown; $15.00 for the hood)
Prices include tax.