Canada Research Chairs are funded by the Government of Canada to drive Canadian research and development excellence, to create world-class centres of research, and to enhance Canada's competitiveness in the global knowledge-based economy. The Canada Research Chairs Program invests approximately $265 million per year to attract and retain some of the world’s most accomplished and promising minds. Chairholders aim to achieve research excellence in engineering and the natural sciences, health sciences, humanities, and social sciences.
The links below are in compliance with the CRC Secretariat's public accountability and transparency requirements. Learn more about UWindsor's commitment to EDI in research, its strategy for raising awareness within the institution, and an overview of how EDI issues are handled.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion in the Canada Research Chairs Program
- Canada Research Chairs EDI Action Plan (2019)
- Requirements for recruiting and nominating Canada Research Chairs
- The Canada Research Chairs program Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Requirements and Practices
- 2019 Addendum to the 2006 Canadian Human Rights Settlement Agreement
- Canada Research Chairs Program Statistics
- University of Windsor's CRC Institutional EDI Progress Report (2018)
- University of Windsor's commitment to diversity in research and campus resources, including for Canada Research Chairs
- UWindsor equity targets and gaps for each of the FDGs – link to CRC equity target data is provided as UWindsor numbers are less than five and must be withheld to protect the privacy of chairholders
- Transparency Statement/Postings for Internal Retention
The University of Windsor takes great pride in providing all employees with an equitable, inclusive and diverse environment. This commitment extends to the CRCs that have been allocated to UWindsor, as we fully support the research excellence and research leadership UWindsor’s CRCs provide to the institution. The University is fully committed to ensuring all CRC Action Plan Objectives and Targets continue to be met. We are on target and there are currently no gaps noted for 2018/19 or 2019/20. New initiatives outlined in the CRC Action Plan will augment and further support existing institutional equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives to continue to support CRCs as renewals, new allocations and phase-outs may occur through the CRC Program.
Concerns received within the recruiting process
Any equity, diversity and/or inclusion concerns raised or received during the recruitment process will be monitored, addressed and reported by way of the Presidential Commission on Employment Equity (PCEE). Each step of the recruitment process is monitored and approved by the PCEE before moving forward to the next step; accordingly, any concerns raised or received will be handled within this process.
Concerns received outside of the recruiting process
The Executive Director Research and Innovation in the Office of Research and Innovation will track concerns brought to our attention.These concerns will be monitored closely in order to ensure progress is being made towards resolution in a timely manner. All such tracking will be done in a confidential manner. Matters that remain unresolved will be brought to the attention of the Executive Committee for resolution.
Any equity, diversity and/or inclusion concerns raised or received outside of the recruitment process will be monitored, addressed and reported as follows:
- Concerns raised regarding the Canada Research Chairs (CRCs) Program will be handled by the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation and/or the Office of Research and Innovation Services;
- Inquiries that relate to the Faculty Collective Agreement, or by-laws and policies governing faculty will be handled by the Office of the Provost;
- General inquiries or concerns related to equity, diversity and/or inclusion will be handled by the Office of Human Rights, Equity and Accessibility.
- University of Windsor's CRC Utilization Spreadsheet
Open Chair Positions
The University of Windsor is not currently recruiting for any Canada Research Chairs.