If you would like to give away old clothing, doantion bins are located in the residence buildings.
- Garbage bins are located on each floor and are regularly emptied
- Glass and sharp objects should be placed beside the regular garbage, use caution
- Blue and red boxes are provided for recycling of aluminum cans, fine paper, glass and newspaper
- Citron Pest Control provides monthly service to the residence buildings. If you are concerned with pests in your room or on your floor, document your issue in the Citron binder found in the lobby of your building.
- You can also contact your Facilities Coordinator for assistance.
- Avoid pests by keeping food in your fridge and your room clean of garbage
- Residence Services has partnered with ABC Safeco (order form) to provide a personal safe in students’ residence rooms. This is a great way to secure passports or laptops.
- Microwaves located in microwave rooms or in kitchens are for your use. You are responsible for cleaning microwaves and kitchens after each use
- You will be charged for damage to the microwave from misuse or abuse
- Kitchens/microwave rooms may be closed by Residence staff if they are not kept clean (for more details, refer to Damages Policy under Residence Community Standards)
- Ceiling lights and burned out light bulbs on desk lamps requiring bulb replacements should be reported by submitting a work order request on line
- All residence buildings have a tap card access security system on the front doors. You will use your student card to enter the building where you live
- Once inside the building your room key gives you access to your room with the exception of Alumni Hall. In Alumni Hall, you use your student card to swipe into your suite and then use your key to enter your room, located inside the suite.
- All of the heating systems in Residences rely on a process called "convection" where hot water circulates through a finned pipe inside a metal cover and the heated air surrounding the pipe rises into the room
- The water in each residence building is heated with steam which is produced at the Energy Conservation Centre (ECC) and distributed through underground pipes to all the major buildings
- It is important that the area around the heating unit is kept clear at all times. The system relies on natural convection and anything in the path of the air entering or leaving the convector can seriously reduce the heating capacity
- Leaving the window open will cause pipes to freeze. Please ensure all windows are closed.
- All of the Cooling systems in Residences rely on a process called "convection" where cold water circulates through a pipe inside a metal cover and the cooled air surrounding the pipe rises into the room
- The water in each residence building is cooled with a chilled water system which is produced at the Energy Conservation Centre (ECC) and distributed through underground pipes to all the major buildings.