My area of expertise is Statistics and my main research interests are statistical inference, statistical modeling and applied probability. The main topics of my recent publications involve stochastic modeling and inference in some ecological and/or biological systems. Also, I contributed to some applied areas such as mathematical modeling in accounting and in public policy.
I have supervised two undergraduate students working in statistical inference, R-software, regression analysis and their applications. Currently, I supervise graduate students who are working on more applied topics such as linear models, planning design experiment, modeling of some cyclic predator-prey systems… Ph.D. students may select to work with me in topics such as statistical inference, asymptotic theory in statistics and applied probability.
- Chen, F., and Nkurunziza, S. (2016). A class of Stein-rules in multivariate regression model with structural changes. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, vol. 43, 1, 83-102.
- Chen, F., and Nkurunziza, S. (2015). Optimal method in Multiple Regression with Structural Changes. Bernoulli Journal, vol. 21, 4, 2217--2241.
- Chen, F, and Nkurunziza, S. (2014). Constrained Inference in Multiple Regression with Structural Changes. Statistics & Risk Modeling (formerly Statistics & Decisions) vol. 31, 3-4, 237--257.
- Nkurunziza, S., and Chen, F. (2013). On extension of some identities for the bias and risk functions in elliptically contoured distributions. Journal of Multivariate Analysis, vol. 122, 190–201.
- Nkurunziza, S. (2012). Shrinkage Strategies In Some Multiple Multi-factor Dynamical Systems. ESAIM: Probability and Statistics, Vol. 16, 139-150.
- Nkurunziza, S. (2011). Shrinkage Strategy In Stratified Random Sample Subject To Measurement Error. Statistics and Probability Letters, Vol. 81, 2, 317-325.
- Nkurunziza, S., and Ahmed, S. E. (2010). Shrinkage Drift Parameter Estimation for Multi-factor Ornstein-Uhlenbeck Processes. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, Vol. 26, 2, 103-124.
- Nkurunziza, S. (2010). Testing Concerning the Homogeneity of Some Predator-Prey Populations. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference (JSPI), Vol. 140, 323-333