Areas of Research
- Statistical Inference, Biostatistics
My main focus of research is the development of theory and methods in the general area of Bio-Statistics, specifically in Correlated Data (clustered/longitudinal), Generalized Linear Models, Categorical Data Analysis, Zero-inflated and over-dispersed count data regression models, Case-control data, Estimating equations, Generalized Estimating Equations, Gaussian Estimation for binary and count data, Random effects models, Frailty models, Measurement error, Missing data, and Dose-response modeling, Generalized estimating equations, Epidemiological risk.
Honours and Awards
- Elected as Fellow of the American Statistical Association (2006)
- Elected as Fellow of the Royal Statistical Society (1982)
- University Professor (University of Windsor), the University’s Highest award in recognition of “distinguished achievements in teaching and wide national and international reputation for scholarship or creative or professional accomplishments.”(2005)
- Received a Faculty of science performance award for best overall performance in teaching, research and service. (2005)
- Received Faculty of Science Special Recognition Award in recognition of excellence in research, scholarship and creative activity (2006)
- Zhang, Xuemao and Paul, Sudhir (2013), Modified Gaussian Estimation for Correlated Binary Data, Biometrical Journal, 55.
- Zaihra, T. and Paul, S.R. (2010). Interval estimation of some measures of association. International Journal of Biostatistics, 6, 1-21.
- Paul, S.R. and Banerjee, T. Balasoorya, U. (2010). Model selection in Multi-clump finite mixture models. Environmetrics. 21, 133-142.
- Paul, S. R. and Zaihra, T. (2008). Interval estimation of risk difference for data sampled from clusters. Statistics in Medicine, 27, 4207-4220.
- Paul, S. R. and Saha, K.K. (2007). The generalized linear model and extensions: A review and some biological and environmental applications. Environmetrics, 18, 421-443
- Saha, K., and Paul S. R. (2005). Bias Corrected maximum likelihood estimator of the intraclass correlation parameter for binary data. Statistics in Medicine 24, 3497-3512.
- Paul, S. R., Balasoorya, U., and Banerjee, T. (2005). Exact Fisher Information matrix of the Dirichlett- multinomial distribution. Biometrical Journal, 47, 230-236
- Paul, S. R. and Jiang, X. (2005). Testing Homogeneity of Several two-parameter populations. The Canadian Journal of Statistics 33, 131-143.
- Saha, K., and Paul S. R. (2005). Bias Corrected maximum likelihood estimator of the negative binomial dispersion parameter. Biometrics 61, 180-186.
- Deng, D. and Paul, S. R. (2005). Generalized linear model, zero- inflation and over- dispersion. Statistica Sinica 15, 257-276.
- Paul, S. R., Xing, Jiang, Rai, S., and Balasoorya, U. (2004). Tests of treatment effect in pre-drug and post-drug count data. Statistics in Medicine. 23, 1541-1554.
- Paul, S. R. and Deng, D. (2000). Goodness of fit of generalized linear models to sparse data. Journal of the Royal statistical Society, B, 62, 323-333.
- S. Winstanley- M.Sc 1981
- S. C. Anaje - M.Sc 1982
- R. K. Barnwal - M.Sc 1986
- N. I. Ho - M.Sc 1989
- K. Thiagarajah - M.Sc 1989
- D. Deng - M.Sc. 1997
- S. Thedchanamoorthy - M.Sc. 1997
- L. Saied M.Sc.- M.Sc. 2005
- M. Ruvinova -M.Sc. 2006
- X. Zhang - M.Sc.2006
- S. Mullah - M.Sc.2009
- N. Patrveen - M.Sc. 2009
- Swapan Das - M.Sc.2009
- Geetasree Hamshankar Civil Engineering - M.Sc. 2009
- Shahina Sultana - M.Sc. 2011
- Liang Chen - M.Sc. 2013
- R. K. BARNWAL - Ph. D. 1989
- K. THIAGARAJAH - Ph.D. 1992
- A. S. ISLAM - Ph.D. 1994
- D. DENG - Ph.D. 2001
- J. JIANG - Ph.D. 2004
- K. SAHA - Ph.D. 2004
- T. Zaihra - Ph.D. 2009
- K. Azad- Ph.D. 2009
- Xuemao Zhang - Ph.D. 2011
- K.A. Khan - 1992
- T. Banerjee - 1995, 1998, 2004, 2012
- D. Deng 2001
- S. Saha 2005
- K. Azad 2010
Current Graduate Students:
- Rajibul Islam Ph. D.
- Khurshid Alam Ph. D.
- Rong Luo Ph. D.
- Abdullah Mamun Ph. D.
- Mahmuda Yasmin M.Sc.
- Kaiqiong Zhao M.Sc.
- Yiran Zhao M.Sc.
- Fanyi Zeng M.Sc.