Sessional/Overload Course Offerings
WINTER 2024 SEMESTER
The Department intends to offer the following courses on a sessional or overload basis subject to final budgetary approval and sufficient enrollment during. In accordance with Article 54 of the 2021-2025 Faculty Association Collective Agreement, the Department of Sociology and Criminology invites applications from qualified individuals interested in teaching the following courses during the Winter Semester. All advertised courses are subject to change, sufficient enrolment, and budgetary approval; listed class times may change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Please indicate the course(s) listed above you wish to be considered to teach with your application.
New Applications are required to include information on:
- Letter of application, including statement of citizenship/immigration status
- A current curriculum vitae (please see the Faculty Association CV template) and sample course outline for course you are applying for
- A statement of teaching philosophy and interests (maximum of 250 words)
- Three (3) letters of reference
- Evidence of qualifications (i.e. transcripts, certification of degrees, courses taken, dissertation and thesis topic, etc.)
- Evidence of successful teaching (i.e. official SETs or equivalent for all courses taught)
- Evidence of GA/TA supervision
- A brief statement that explains how the applicant’s teaching and research background prepares her/him to teach this particular course with also providing a sample of the course outline for the course(s)
All other candidates who have previously taught at the University of Windsor are strongly encouraged to provide an updated curriculum vitae. To ensure a complete application, Sessional Instructors are encouraged to verify that your materials are in your file.
We encourage applicants to indicate which courses they are interested in teaching to avoid being considered for courses they are not interested in teaching.
Please Note: The Department of Sociology and Criminology does not have SET scores for candidates who have not taught 48/49 courses.
Applications must be sent electronically to SACAPPOINTMENTS@uwindsor.ca
Address applications to:
Dr. John Deukmedjian, AAU Head
Department of Sociology and Criminology
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
University of Windsor
Windsor, ON, N9B 3P4
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS FOR WINTER 2024:
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2023 AT NOON