How many classes are you going to take?
- The maximum you can take is 5 classes
- Most students will take 4 or 5 classes a semester
- If you are taking a class with a required "lab" this does NOT count as a separate class
- The answer for how many classes YOU need to take is one that you should be getting from the advisors at your school BEFORE coming to Windsor
You need to understand what and how many classes your advisors at your home university expect you to take while on exchange, as it is their requirements you want to make sure you are satisfying.
When making your list of classes and getting them approved BEFORE you come to Windsor, it is a very good idea to get extra classes approved in case you need to make some changes after you arrive.
For students from Europe, a one-semester class at the University of Windsor is normally worth 6 ECTS (in UWindsor terms each class is worth 3 credits). If you are required to take the equivalent of 30 ECTS per semester, you will need to be registered in 5 UWindsor classes.
- If you do not know how the ECTS system works at your home school you should make an effort to learn BEFORE you come to Canada.
British students - one UWindsor class is normally worth 12 CATS, if you need to have 60 CATS for the semester you must take 5 UWindsor classes
- If you do not know how the CATS system works at your home school you should make an effort to learn BEFORE you come to Canada.