Here we have outlined the process of becoming a LEAD event volunteer. You can use this as a guide to submitting an application and completing all the necessary tasks if hired. The first 5 steps must be completed by all event volunteers, and additional steps depending on if you are volunteering for Head Start, Welcome Week, or both.
Step 1: Review the Position
- Review the LEAD Event Volunteer Description and determine if you are eligible to be a LEAD event volunteer.
Step 2: Submit your application
- Applications will be available on Monday, February 10, 2020. Applications are due Friday, March 6, 2020.
- General Selection Workshops: there are five GSW available, on your application, you will select ONE to attend. Attendance is mandatory.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Step 3: Attend your previously selected GSW
- Attend the ONE GSW training date you selected on your application. Dates have been scheduled in the Oak Room for the following times and dates.
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020: 10am - 11am
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020: 3pm - 4pm
- Thursday, March 12, 2020: 11am - 12pm
- Monday, March 16, 2020: 2pm - 3pm
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020: 1pm - 2pm
- At your GSW you will participate in some team-oriented activities and we will evaluate the role you play within a group.
- Be yourself and have fun!
Step 4: Accept your Volunteer Offer
- Offers will be emailed to your uwin email account on Thursday, March 19, 2020, to candidates who have been selected as a LEAD event volunteer.
- Be sure to accept your offer and sign up for one of two General Training Dates
- If you are wishing to participate in Head Start as an Event Volunteer, be sure to provide us with your summer availability with respect to our summer Head Start dates.
Step 5: Attend General Training
- All volunteers are required to attend one of the two General Training dates listed below
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020, from 5-7pm in McPherson Lounge
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020, from 5-7pm in McPherson Lounge
Step 6: Complete your AODA training
- AODA stands for the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- All volunteers are required to complete this online training
- It will be emailed to you by the Lead Student Coordinator at the conclusion of General Training
- AODA modules must be completed by Thursday, May 14, 2020
Step 7: Complete the event-specific training
- You were able to sign up to be an event volunteer at HeadStart, Welcome Week, or both orientations.
- Click the button below to find additional steps depending on which event you signed up to volunteer at.
- If you signed up for both HeadStart and Welcome Week you must complete BOTH sections.