Here we have outlined the process of becoming a LEAD event volunteer. You can use this as a guide to submitting an application and completing all the necessary tasks if hired. The first 5 steps must be completed by all event volunteers, and additional steps depending on if you are volunteering for Head Start, Welcome Week, or both.
Step 1: Review the Position
- Review the LEAD Event Volunteer Description and determine if you are eligible to be a LEAD event volunteer.
Step 2: Submit your application
- Applications will be available on Monday, February 13, 2023. Applications are due Friday, March 3, 2023.
- General Selection Workshops: there are four GSW dates available, on your application, you will select ONE to attend. Attendance is mandatory. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to confirm the GSW that you have signed up for.
Step 3: Attend your previously selected GSW
- Attend the ONE GSW training date you selected on your application. Dates are in person for the following times and dates and will be located in the Oak Room in Vanier Hall.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023: 10am - 11am
- Wednesday, March 8, 2023 - 3pm - 4pm
- Thursday, March 9, 2023 - 11am - 12pm
- Monday, March 13, 2023 - 2pm - 3pm
- At your GSW you will participate in some team-oriented activities and we will evaluate the role you play within a group.
- Be yourself and have fun!
Step 4: Accept your Volunteer Offer
- Offers will be emailed to your uwin email account on Friday, March 17, 2023, to candidates who have been selected as a LEAD event volunteer.
- Be sure to accept your offer and sign up for one of two General Training Dates
Step 5: Attend General Training
- All volunteers are required to attend one of the two General Training dates listed below, in person in McPherson Lounge in Alumni Residence Hall. General Training Sign Up will be located in the Acceptance Volunteer email you receive.
- Tuesday, March 28th, 2023: 5pm - 7pm
- Wednesday, March 29th, 2023: 5pm - 7pm
Step 6: Complete your AODA training
- AODA stands for the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
- All volunteers are required to complete this online training
- It will be emailed to you by the Lead Student Coordinator at the conclusion of General Training
- The deadline to complete AODA training will be confirmed at General Training.
Step 7: Complete the event-specific training
- Complete Head Start Training Conference to volunteer at Head Start
- Complete Welcome Week Training to volunteer at Welcome Week