The Master of Applied Computing is a course-based professional graduate program offered by the School of Computer Science will provide you with a solid foundation and knowledge of industry-oriented practical aspects of Computer Science, preparing you to take up positions in the growing software industry in Canada and around the world.
The skills and knowledge gained from this program will allow you to develop a successful career in the growing software industry through practical projects, internships and in-class training. This program has been specifically designed to expose you to the latest technologies and developments in a number of high-demand fields.
You will study and live in Canada for approximately 16 consecutive months while enrolled in 8 prescribed courses and one Project/Internship (2 course credit). Courses include not only Computer Science but also Business classes.
September and January
- Confirmation of a 4-year Bachelor in Computer Science or a related discipline from an academic institution approved by the University of Windsor.*
- The equivalent of a 70% average or higher in your cumulative undergraduate studies or a 77% in the last 2 years of study (when converted to Ontario standards)
- Demonstrated English proficiency by meeting or exceeding a 6.5 score on the IELTS test or approved equivalent** A successful interview with a representative of the University of Windsor
- 2 letters of reference
- A statement of interest including a description of a major technology project you have undertaken in the past 3 years.
Enrolment is limited. Preference will be given to candidates who exceed the above minimum requirements and who have relevant work experience.
*Applicants with a 4-year bachelor degree in other non-CS disciplines will be eligible for admission if they are accepted into and complete the University of Windsor’s one-year BCS for University Graduates program with a 70% average or better.
**We have English Language programming available if you need extra training prior to the academic program or have received lower than a 6.5 on the IELTS (or equivalent)
Additional Admission Requirements:
Other application details that will need to be completed are:
- Completed application form
- Application fee (payable at the time of application)
- Statement of Purpose describing your intent to study (approximately one page in length)
- Current resume
How to Apply:
You have two methods for applying:
- Option 1: Apply Directly (Online)
- Option 2: Apply via. an authorized agent
Internship Coordinator, Master of Applied Computing