Full-Time MEd Students must maintain continuous registration and pay fees in each successive term from initial registration until all requirements for the degree are completed. "Registration" may include a course or other degree requirements, such as Independent Reading Course, Major Paper or Thesis (Masters students); or Comprehensive Portfolio or Doctoral Dissertation (Doctoral students).
In addition to the requirements for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies, applicants to the Master of Education program must have:
- an undergraduate degree
- a Bachelor of Education degree
- at least one year of successful professional experience in education
- a "Statement of Academic Objectives and Research Interests" (for research-based M.Ed.) or a personal statement discussing why you wish to do graduate studies in the area of educational studies and how it fits into your plan for entry into the workforce as a working professional and / or scholar (for course-based M.Ed.).
- a "Selection of Area of Concentration Form"
- proficiency in the English language
Possession of the minimum requirements does not ensure admission. Please also see the International Students page for English Proficiency requirements and the Application Procedures page for your degree-specific criteria.
An entry grade point average will be calculated using the last 20 courses of the undergrad degree or the last degree. The cumulative average of the last degree will also be reviewed along with the GPA of the BEd degree.
In exceptional cases, applicants may be considered who do not possess a Bachelor of Education degree or equivalent, but who:
- hold an honours Bachelor's degree or the equivalent with standing in the B range overall and at least a B standing in the last two years
- can demonstrate experience, interests, and motivation that make them appropriate applicants to the program.
Applicants to the MEd programs should have had some exposure to the processes and practice of education. This may take the form of actual classroom teaching, working with children on an ongoing volunteer basis, adult education, educational policy development, or a variety of other activities that demonstrate the applicant's interest in and exposure to the processes of education. The normal expectation in this regard is that applicants will have at least one year of edcuation related work experience. Applicants who fulfill the application requirements with the exception of at least one year of successful professional experience in education may be considered if they hold an honours Bachelor's degree or the equivalent with standing in the B range overall and at least a B standing in the final two years of study.
The Statement of Academic Objectives and Research Interests describes your reasons for pursuing graduate study in the Faculty of Education at the University of Windsor. Your statement should include, but not be limited to, a description of:
- Your research interests
- How your previous studies and experience have prepared you for the program
- Your career and scholarly objectives
- How you perceive the graduate degree will advance these objectives
In your statement you should also mention up to four elective courses offered by the Faculty of Education in which you might be interested in enrolling and how you perceive these courses as advancing your educational objectives. Maximum 2 pages, hard copy only.
International Students interested in enrolling in the M.Ed. must demonstrate a certain level of proficiency in English, as the working language of instruction in the Faculty of Education. Students must score a 7.0 (or above) in three of the four areas of reading, writing, listening and speaking, with the other being no lower than 6.5.
The University of Windsor is proud to be know as "Canada's International University," with one of the most diverse, multicultural student bodies in Canada.
The University of Windsor offers specialized services to our International students, including the International Student Centre, the Academic Writing Centre, and Windsor International Student Employment (WISE) program. Through our Soft Landing Program geared specifically to our International students, you will quickly find yourself at home.
If you have any questions regarding our program, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.