Class, Club, Faculty Reunions
Thinking of getting together with your classmates or club mates? An alumni gathering can be a small get-together of a few, to a three day event on campus with your whole class or campus group, and everything in between. From casual, to a formal event, these fun-filled and important milestones are supported by the Alumni Relations and Advancement Office through planning consultation, specialty items and funding to subsidize the expense of your reunion.
How long has it been since you graduated? Think about celebrating your class reunion this year. Class reunions are a great opportunity to catch up with old friends and to reconnect with your University.
While in some cases special reunion events are organized by faculties, most reunions are planned by members of the class for their peers in recognition of significant milestones i.e. 10th, 20th, 25th, 30th & 50th anniversary.
Email the Alumni Relations and Advancement Office at email@example.com to learn about funding opportunities to support your reunion or event.
Reunion or Alumni Event Funding Application
This fund supports events for alumni or class reunions, for 20 people or more, to a maximum of $1000, that provide opportunities for alumni and students to participate in activities in support of the University of Windsor and to host and/or sponsor events in Canada, the United States and internationally. Special consideration is given to applications for Alumni Week events. Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to event for consideration. We will advise you of the next meeting date upon receipt of your application.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Proposals for funding, must clearly outline how social distancing and gathering measures will be followed in accordance with current Government of Canada and Government of Ontario Health & Safety Guidelines in place during COVID-19. Please include this information in the description of your event found in the “Marketing and Promotion” section of the submission form below.
Visit the Government of Ontario website for the latest updates on guidelines for public and social gatherings.
Virtual Reunion or Alumni gathering – Organizer Tip Sheet
If gathering restrictions are in place or distance prevents your group from celebrating a reunion, consider holding a Virtual Reunion or Alumni Event!
A virtual reunion could include:
- Schedule your next reunion or alumni event via Zoom, Microsoft TEAMs or Facebook.
- Enjoy a tour of our campus and see how the landscape has changed over the years.
- Invite a memorable Professor or University representative to be part of the event. They can provide a welcome and campus update.
- Include a few fun and interactive activities such as: UWindsor trivia, toast to the class/cocktail hour and/or post a pic contest to get attendees excited about the event.
Alumni Relations office can provide guidance:
- Provide the details about your class or club to the Alumni Relations office. These events can be promoted on the Alumni events page and in the Alumni eNews.
- If a class composite is available or picture of the group, the pic can be featured on the UWin Alumni social media page on “Throwback Thursday”.
- The Alumni Relations office can facilitate arrangements for an online guided tour specific to your faculty or interest area or provide a link to a virtual tour of campus that guests can enjoy at their leisure. Note: Should Provincial guidelines allow for gathering, an in-person tour can be arranged for your group.
- Invite or provide a pre-recorded message from the Dean, Director or favourite Professor. Note: Time permitting and if technology allows.
- Provide an Alumni gift package to use as a special “door” prize to encourage participation in the reunion.
- Provide each participating attendee an Alumni branded item.
Share a memory and update your information!
- What’s new in your life? Complete the update form.
- Share a memory – complete the UWin Remembers form.
- Provide the class composite and “throwback” pics from your time at UWindsor.
Contact the Alumni Relations office firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or more information.