Welcome to Ignite! Ignite is an inclusive, on-campus employment program that is open to all University of Windsor students (some restrictions apply, see below for details).
Jobs for Winter 2021 semester will be live on January 4, 2021 at 10:00am. Please check back on mySuccess under "Ignite-Work Study"
Resources for Hired Students
- Ignite Student Hiring Authorization Form (to be submitted by your employer to Human Resources)
- Student Hiring Package (to be submitted by you to Human Resources if you have never worked at UWindsor before)
- Timesheet (to be submitted weekly to payroll by your employer)
- Create your own Check-In Form
- Initial Check-In Form (completed by you and your employer)
- Final Check-In Form (completed by your employer)
- Final Reflection (completed by you after you role has ended)
The Ignite program follows the school year calendar – all positions start in September of each school year and ends the following April. Ignite is not available during the summer term. For specific dates, please see our timeline below.
All students are able to view the jobs in Ignite on mySuccess. MySuccess is the University of Windsor's Co-Curricular database.
Positions are being initially posted on mySuccess during the first week of school in September. Positions can be reposted throughout the school year if the Supervisor needs to rehire for the position. So it is important to check back frequently!
You do not need to apply to the Ignite Program to view jobs. All students are able to view the positions and given the option to apply according to the instructions on the job posting. If you are hired into an Ignite position, you are now a part of the Ignite program. All positions are hired by individual supervisors or departments.
Before you apply, make sure you meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
Welcome back to Ignite! Ignite will follow the same procedures established in 2019-20. All students are able to view and apply to the positions on mySucces. Students will be required to attend a Launch Session after they have been hired into a position.
All students who meet the following criteria can apply to jobs:
- Be in good academic standing (cumulative average of 60% or higher and not be on academic probation);
- Be registered in a minimum course load (60% for domestic; 80% for international; 40% for students with a documented permanent disability);
- Not be on a co-op work term in the semester they are employed in an Ignite position.
- Students cannot work more than 24 hours a week on campus and students with a GA are limited to 100 hours of work per semester.
- After being hired into an Ignite position, students are to attend a mandatory one-hour Launch Session facilitated by CDEL within the first two weeks of their start date.
- Students are only allowed to hold one Ignite position per year
If there are extenuating circumstances that have affected your eligbility criteria, please contact email@example.com to discuss.
How to View All Ignite Job Postings on Mobile
1. Log into mySuccess under "Students"
2. Select “Search Postings”
3. Select “Ignite- Work Study”
4. Select "View all job postings"
How to View All Ignite Job Postings on Desktop
1. Log into mySuccess under "Students"
2. Select "Ignite- Work Study" on the left hand menu
3. "View all job postings"
Each job posting will have a list of required documents and how to apply to the position. Here are some tips:
- If you need help with your cover letter and resume, consider making an appointment with one of our Career Advisors. You can book a 30-minute appointment and can help you tailor your cover letter and resume to the job posting.
- Make sure your resume and cover letter are submitted in PDF format
- Each job posting will also have instructions: apply through mySuccess or via email. Please ensure you read the application procedure!
Although we strive to provide employment opportunities to as many Ignite students as possible, JOBS ARE NOT GUARANTEED. Success in securing a job depends on your performance during the application and interview process. You are competing with your classmates and other students at the University of Windsor. We cannot guarantee that you will be hired into an Ignite role. As with any job search, it is up to you to secure a position.
What is a Launch Session - A launch session is a onboarding session that is required for all students who are hired into an Ignite position. Students are required to attend a Launch Session within the first two weeks of their start date. These sessions can be found online on mySuccess.
How to Sign-up For a Launch Session
Step 1: To Sign up, login mySuccess
Step 2: Select "Career" on the blue menu on the left
Step 3: Select "Career Events"
Step 4: Select "View Career Calendar"
Step 5: Select the "Ignite Launch Session" event that works best for you
Step 6: Select "Register for this event"
Instructions for How to Attend a Launch Session
- Log into BlackBoard
- Select “Organizations” in the top ribbon
- Select “Ignite- Work Study”
- In the Ignite- Work Study BlackBoard menu, select “Launch Session”
- Join “Course room” – Please plan on being 10 minutes early
First Time Working at the University of Windsor?
- Complete the full Student Hiring Package and submit it to the Human Resources Department. Once HR processes your Student Hiring Package, you will receive a copy of your UWindsor Employee ID.
- Once you have an employee number, you’ll have to complete your mandatory training within your first 2 weeks of employment.
- If you already have an employee number, have worked at the University within the past year and there are no changes to your banking information, you are not required to complete the full Student Hiring Package. You must, however, provide your UWindsor Employee # to your employer.
- If you already have an employee number but you have not worked at the University for over one year, you must complete the full Student Hiring Package and submit it to Human Resources and provide your UWindsor employee number to your employer.
Information on student payroll can be found on our payroll website: http://www.uwindsor.ca/finance/sites/uwindsor.ca.finance/files/student_hiring_procedures.pdf
Your time sheets are to be submitted to your supervisor bi-weekly. All timesheets must be signed off before being submitted to the payroll office. A copy of the submission calendar is available here.
Time sheets are available online, but always check with your supervisor how they wanto you to submit your payroll.
Have your initial check-in meeting with your supervisor within your first 2 weeks of employment and establish a personalized development plan. Think critically about the competencies you would like to develop in your role!
Ignite 2020-2021 Timeline
Job Open: September 9
Jobs Close: October 30
Last Day to Work: December 23
Job Open: January 4
Jobs Close: February 26
Last Day to Work: April 16
Note: Ignite is not available in the summer.
The check-ins are career conversations that you will have with your supervisor where you will discuss goals, skill development, and how things are going so far in your role. The check-ins aim to help you develop a positive relationship with your supervisor that is built on good communication, intentional goal setting, and reflection.
Within the first two weeks of your employment, you will have a meeting with your supervisor reflecting on goals, competencies and learning outcomes. Once complete, employee and supervisor will sign the form and upload it to BlackBoard under "Check-Ins"
Within the last 2 weeks of your employment, you and your supervisor will have a meeting reflecting on similar topics to your initial check-in.
Your Supervisor will complete a performance evaluation for you and review it with you at an in-person meeting. Both you and your Supervisor will sign the form to indicate that you have discussed the results of their evaluation.
Once complete, the supervisor can email a copy to you and cc:Ignite or you and the supervisor will sign the form, and you will upload it to BlackBoard under "Check-Ins"
In addition to your final performance evaluation (Completed by your supervisor) you are required to complete a final reflection. Students will complete a Final Reflection on their own on Qualtrics after their performance evaluation. They do not have to print or fill out anything on paper; it will be done completely online. Their Final Reflection should take place after your performance evaluation.
Please contact our Program Coordinator: