The University of Windsor’s Radiation Safety Program has been established to protect individuals who utilize radioisotopes while exceeding the requirements stipulated by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
The Radiation Safety Program encompasses a wide variety of radiation sources, including naturally occurring materials, open and sealed sources, and both laser and x-ray radiation.
Institutional policies and procedures for the safe acquisition, handling, storage, and disposal of radioisotopes can be found within the University’s Radiation Safety Manual. This manual is a key resource for both permit holders and end-users. It includes vital information on a wide range of topics, including: permits; decommissioning labs; and forms & procedures.
Radiation Safety Training
Radiation Safety Manual
Please be advised that Radioisotope permit applications and amendments will transition to the ERSO research portal.
- Radioisotope Permit Application (.docx)
- Authorized Personnel - Radioisotope End-User Form (.docx)
- End-User Declaration
- Radiation Safety Inspection Checklist (.pdf)
- Application for Dosimetry Service (.pdf)
- Contamination Survey Log (.pdf)
- Radiation Measurement Units - International (SI) System (.pdf)
- Proper care and use of personal dosimeters (CNSC INFO-0742) (.pdf)