6.1 Person receiving a parking violation ticket may appeal however,
Please read the following before appealing your ticket;
Appeals must be submitted within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the ticket. Appeals submitted after this fourteen (14) day period will not be accepted and payment will be required.
Grounds for Appeal
Parking Services will NOT consider granting appeals based on the following grounds:
- Ignorance of the Parking rules & regulations as found on this website.
- Failure to observe signs posted throughout campus.
- Unauthorized parking for only short periods of time.
- Parking at a failed or expired meter.
- Lack of convenient parking or “close” parking, running late.
- Someone other than the Parking Services office personnel told you to park there.
- Inclement weather.
- Incorrect vehicle make, colour, body style, etc. Please note that the only piece of vehicle information that must be correct is the licence plate.
The only grounds that will be considered are:
- The ticket was issued incorrectly.
- The ticket was issued contradictory to the Parking Regulations.
- The ticket was issued to an existing permit holder parked in the correct lot.
If you feel that you still have extenuating circumstances warranting an appeal, then please see below to write a written appeal for a ticket.
The appeal shall be to the Parking Appeal Committee.
6.2 The appeal shall then be forwarded to the Parking Office within 14 calendar days of the date of the violation. The Appellant shall state specific reasons as to why the violation and fine should be waived or cancelled.
6.3 The Parking Appeal Committee shall review the appeal information. The Committee may request additional information from the Director of Campus Services and/or the Appellant. A decision shall be rendered by the Committee within 7 calendar days of the information. The decision shall be final and binding on the Appellant and the University.
The Appellant will be notified of the decision in writing.