WINDSOR, Ont. — The Windsor-Essex community is invited to celebrate the blue and gold this weekend with the start of the University of Windsor’s 2023 Alumni Week.
Several community events are scheduled to connect alumni and friends with the University including the inaugural UWindsor Black Alumni Weekend, Lancer Football game and the Harvest Moon Movie Night.
This exciting collection of events aims to foster stronger connections among alumni, students, staff, and faculty while creating a more inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of the UWindsor community.
The UWindsor Black Alumni Weekend, a new component of the University of Windsor Alumni Association’s Alumni Week, is set to take place from Sept. 22 to 24. This weekend promises a unique blend of educational sessions, entertainment, and opportunities for alumni to reconnect with their alma mater.
Highlights from the 2023 Alumni Week include:
Friday, Sept. 22
- Back in Black Networking Mixer: An evening of networking, camaraderie, and celebration at the CAW Student Centre from 6:30 to 10 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 23
- Black to the Future - Panel Discussion & Mini Summit: A thought-provoking and inspiring discussion on the future, identity, and empowerment.
- Self-Guided Campus Tours: An opportunity to explore the beautiful and evolving University of Windsor campus.
- Lancer Football vs. Queens Gaels: A tailgate party starting at 3 p.m., followed by kick-off at 4 p.m. Tickets for the game are discounted for Alumni at $10.
- Black Homecoming Party: An exciting evening at Saila Vibes, 110 Chatham St. W.
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- Grab and go breakfast: Start the day with a free grab-and-go breakfast outside the University of Windsor Welcome Centre. The breakfast starts at 8:30 a.m. until quantities last.
Friday, Sept. 29
- Harvest Moon Movie Night: Enjoy a free movie night on campus with a double feature of The Greatest Showman and Top Gun: Maverick.
Throughout the week, various events will be catering to different interests, including library tours, a campus community barbecue, a donor appreciation dinner, a movie night, and more. Alumni, friends of the university, and the entire UWindsor community are invited to participate in this unforgettable week.
The 2023 Alumni Week reflects the University of Windsor's commitment to creating safer, more inclusive spaces where faculty, students, staff, and alumni feel a profound sense of belonging.
"We are excited to welcome our alumni and the broader community to this special Alumni Week," said Patti Lauzon, University of Windsor Alumni Association Director.
"This event is a testament to our commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and the celebration of our rich alumni legacy."
For more information about the 2023 Alumni Week, please visit uwindsor.ca/alumniweek.