Forensic Science Teaching Assistant (TA) Positions Available – SUMMER 2021
FACULTY OF SCIENCE: FORENSIC SCIENCE
NOTICE RE: TEACHING ASSISTANT (TA) POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR SUMMER TERM 2021
In accordance with Article 12:01 of the CUPE 4580 Collective Agreement the Faculty of Science invites applications for TA positions for the Summer term 2021.
The total number of projected Teaching Assistantship positions in the Faculty of Science for the Summer term 2021 are two TA positions for a total of 125 hours.
All positions are subject to sufficient enrolment and final budgetary approval.
List of courses that may utilize Teaching Assistants for Summer term 2021:
- FRSC 1107 (91) Introductory Crime Scene Investigation – one TA for 50 hrs from May 10 to August 31
- FRSC 3105 (01) Forensic Identification – one TA for 75 hrs from May 10 to June 21
*Refer to the timetable (www.uwindsor.ca/registrar/timetable-information) for class and exam hours and location.
Expected TA duties: Students may be asked to assist in preparations and demonstrations for lectures and laboratories, in marking assignments and/or midterms and exams, in online monitoring of discussions and class participation, and in proctoring of exams. Other duties may be assigned, including set-up time immediately preceding classes or laboratories.
TA appointments shall be offered to qualified applicants in accordance with the criteria specified in Article 12:04 of the Collective Agreement. To be eligible for a Teaching Assistantship you must be a registered student:
- must be registered for the term of work at the time of hiring
- must maintain registration throughout the term and must be in good standing in the degree program
Note: Teaching Assistants can be employed for no more than 100 TA hours per semester total. If you already hold or have applied for another TA position (in this or another department) note that the total combined hours for all TA appointments held in all departments cannot exceed 100 hours for the Summer term period (May 1 to August 31).
Required essential qualifications:
- Must be available to attend the (online) lecture and lab classes at the specified times.
- Must be available, or able to make alternate arrangements for proctoring of final exam.
- Must have taken course previously and obtained 80%.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 70%
- Must have good communication skills
- If applying for FRSC 3105 must be willing and able to meet with instructor on and off campus in order to assist in preparations and online demonstrations. Transportation may be required to an off-campus site. The University's health and safety protocols will be followed for any required face to face or on campus duties.
- Registered in a BFS or BA (Combined) Forensics program
Application forms are available from the following webpage:
Completed applications must be submitted via email to: Asad Mohammed at email@example.com
For any questions please contact: Maria Cioppa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, April 9, 2021 at 4:00 p.m.
In pursuit of the University of Windsor’s Employment Equity Plan, members from the designated groups (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Sexual Minorities) are encouraged to apply.
Date posted: March 26, 2021