MSW/JD Application Frequently Asked Questions

This FAQ is for MSW/JD application inquires; if you are interested in the MSW On Camps programs, please see our MSW Application webpage for more information and FAQ.

For MSWwp Off Campus inquiries please contact

*Please be sure to include your name, student number and program applying to when emailing the University of Windsor.

If I am a University of Windsor student (current or graduate), do I still need to provide my uWindsor transcript?
Yes, please provide all transcripts from post-secondary institutions you’ve attended. The School of Social Work will not obtain your uWindsor transcript on your behalf.

Please make sure your most recent transcript includes the following:
1) your name
2) name of the institution
3) the degree awarded (or currently enrolled in)
4) the credit weighting
5) the grade awarded for each class, up until the present semester

Do I need to submit official transcripts during the application process?
No, please do not send any official documents to the University of Windsor during the application process.

Transcripts must include your full name, the name of the institution attended, program of study, credit weighting and grade awarded for each class, up until the present semester or else they cannot be used to assess your application.
Documents that do not include all required information will delay the processing of your application.

If I have been out of school for an extended period, am I allowed to have two Employer References?

If you have been out of school for 10+ years, you are able to use two Employer References; otherwise an Academic & Employer referee are required.

Can I submit my application documents electronically?

Please note: the MSW portion of the MSW/JD application is NOT submitted through eGAS.

Applicants are required to submit their application to the University of Windsor, Faculty Of Law through the Ontario Law School Application Service (OLSAS).
Please make sure to check the box indicating the MSW/JD Program.

The MSW portion of the MSW/JD application form must be TYPED, no hand-written documents will be accepted.

The MSW portion of the MSW/JD application is to be submitted to the Registrar’s Office one of two ways:

  1. Once completed, please mail or hand deliver the MSW portion of the MSW/JD application all relevant documentation, along with a cover letter that specifically indicates these documents are for the completion of the MSW/JD application to:

    Office of the Registrar Graduate & Law Admissions
    University of Windsor
    401 Sunset Avenue
    Windsor, Ontario
    N9B 3P4
  2. You are now able to submit the MSW portion of the MSW/JD application all relevant documentation, and references to

    When submitting your application package electronically, please be sure to include your name, student ID, and program name (MSW/JD) in the subject line.
    Please cc in your email.

    Please note: Applications to the MSW/JD program must be received by the Registrar’s office prior to the application deadline. Letters from referees are also submitted directly to the Registrar and must be received before the application deadline.

If I apply for the MSW/JD program am I also considered for admission into the MSW program and JD programs separately?
No, you must apply to each program individually. If you wish to be considered for admission to the MSW program or JD program only, you need to apply through the appropriate portals.
Applicants who apply separately for the MSW and JD programs will receive separate notifications of their acceptance into the individual programs. Being accepted or rejected by the MSW and JD programs independently will not automatically ensure acceptance or rejection into the MSW/JD program.

Can I have credits transferred from a previous degree?
No. Due to the highly prescribed course sequencing of this program, we do not grant credit for prior learning.

I have submitted my MSW application and would like to update my transcript or add additional information to my application.
Please be advised we do not accept updated transcripts or accept additional information once an application has been submitted. Please be sure to review your application, in full, before submission, as we will not return applications once submitted

The research course and/or statistics course I took is not on your pre-approved list- how do I

Please email with a copy of your course syllabus and our MSW Coordinator will advise if the course satisfies the requirements.
A completed syllabus includes: instructor, assignment description, and marking guidelines.

Do I need to have the research and statistics courses completed before I apply?
You are not required to have your research methods and statistic courses completed in order to apply to the MSW On Campus program. If your application is successful and you are deemed admissible into the MSW On Campus program, you will receive a conditional offer of admission which will indicate you must complete the course(s) required before you can start the MSW On Campus graduate program.

Do I need to have a research methods course AND a statistics course?
Yes, applicants are required to submit evidence of one undergraduate course in Research Methods AND one in Statistics.

What are the fees for the program?

Please refer to the University of Windsor’s online tuition estimator for the most current breakdown of fees:

Please note this does not include the cost of course materials such as textbooks or software licenses.

*Fees may change subject to the approval of the Board of Governors.

For questions with the MSW portion of the application, please contact:

Kaitlin Makish
Graduate Secretary
School of Social Work
Telephone: 519-253-3000 x 6096

*Windsor Hall is a locked building. Please contact the Graduate Secretary to discuss setting up a tour of the building. We are unable to give tours without an appointment.


For any JD specific questions please contact:

Tess Sheldon:
Telephone: 519-253-3000 ext. 2943


519-253-3000 ext. 2989


*Please be sure to include your name, student number and program information when emailing.