The University of Windsor is preparing for a safe return to campus. Learn More.

Graduate Forms


General Use Forms


The Faculty of Graduate Studies students forms 

  • Annual Report Form  - To be completed by all graduate students and submitted to the Graduate Secretary no later than May 31st
  • Leave of Absence Application  - To be completed when a student needs to request time away from the program
  • Request for Consideration for Health, Bereavement, or Extenuating Circumstances (graduate courses only)
  • Time Limit Extension Form  - To be completed by graduate students that need to request more time to complete their degree
  • Course Substitution Request Form
  • Course Add Form - Special Circumstances Request


GATA Forms

The Faculty of Graduate Studies Forms

  • GATA FORM 1 - Description of Duties and Allocation of Hours  - To be completed for every GA a faculty member supervises. A mid-course review is required. If there are no changes, record date of meeting and note no changes.
  • GA/TA Application Form - This web-based form may be filled out as an alternative to the PDF form when applying for Graduate Assistant (GA) positions.


Thesis and Dissertation Forms

The Faculty of Graduate Studies Forms

  • Master's Thesis / Doctoral Dissertation Committee Form and Non-Exclusive License Form - To be completed when a student has confirmed their master's/doctoral committee members. Upload the completed form to the UWinsite Student as a Service Request.  The Non-Exclusive License Form must be submitted along with the committee form.
  • External Examiner Request Form - This form must be submitted at least 7 weeks before the proposed defense date.
  • Thesis/Dissertation Non- Exclusive license Form   - To be completed by the student when submitting their thesis/dissertation to the Faculty of Graduate Studies
  • Approval to Submit a Doctoral Dissertation for External Examination  


For more graduate forms, please see the Faculty of Graduate Studies Forms webpage.