Total courses: Forty-four
School of Creative Arts, Visual Arts, Windsor
- VSAR-1050, VSAR-1070, VSAR-1080, VABE-1100 (6.0 credit course), VABE-1200 (6.0 credit course); one of VSAR-3830 or VSAR-3840;
- VSAR-4800 (6.0 credit course), VSAR-4810 (6.0 credit course), and VSAR-4910;
- VABE-2130, VSAR-3850;
- two additional 3000-level studio courses in the same subject area;
- plus MACS-1500, MACS-2140, MACS-2150, MACS-3910, and any one of: MACS-2500 or MACS-3520 or MACS-4520
- two other Art History courses, one of which has to be at the 4000-level;
- a successful VABE portfolio evaluation.*
School of Architecture, Detroit
- Professions: VABE-1190/ARCH1190, VABE-1290/ARCH1290 (each 1.5 credit courses)
- 4 Design Studio courses: VABE-2300/ARCH1300, VABE-2400/ARCH1400, VABE-3100/ARCH2100, VABE-3200/ARCH2200;
- Visual Communication: VABE-2110/ARCH 1211, VABE-2210/ARCH2110
- Construction: VABE-2150/ARCH2150, VABE-2250/ARCH2250
- Co-op Training Prep: VABE-3000/CEC-300 or VSAR-3800 Visual Arts Internship
Courses used to calculate the major average are: courses listed under requirements (a) to (b), and any courses taken in the major area(s) of study.
Five courses including
a) two Social Science courses
b) one Science course
c) two additional courses from Arts excluding Visual Arts
Those students seeking to pursue a B.Sc. in Architecture from the UDM after their third year are encouraged to consult the VABE Coordinator on what options are transferable.
GART-1500 and GART-1510; DRAM-2100, PHIL-1100, and MATH-1780 or MATH-1760
A successful portfolio evaluation is required. The portfolio evaluation takes place at the beginning of semester six, after the student has gained credit in VSAR-1050, VSAR-1070, VSAR-1080, MACS-1500, VABE-1100, VABE-1200, VABE-2300/ARCH1300, VABE-2400/ARCH1400, VABE-3100/ARCH2100, and is enrolled in VABE-3200/ARCH2200.
Updated: April 26, 2019