The clinic at Student Health Services is a medical practice where the doctors see only students of the University of Windsor. The clinic can take care of all your health care needs, just like your own family doctor.
To book an appointment, please call (519) 973-7002.
Location: 242 CAW Student Centre
Please Note: Student Health Services only serves appointments, walk-ins are not accepted.
- To book an appointment, please call (519) 973-7002.
- State your name, that you are a student at the University, and that you would like to make an appointment.
- Tell the receptionist what the problem is - be specific! (For example, sore throat or headache). **It is very important to be clear about why you need an appointment, as different problems take different amounts of time.
- When you call, have your availability ready as we will gladly book appointments around your schedule. However, book an appointment when you have some time to spare as you may have to wait.
- Generally, only one medical problem per appointment. For multiple problems, tell the receptionist when making your appointment. If you would like to request a specific physician, please mention their name when you schedule your appointment.
- Bring a list of the medications you are taking already.
- Bring your Green Shield / Other Health Card to all appointments.
- Undergraduate students bring your student card to pay for 80% of any prescriptions your doctor may write.
- Graduate students bring your Green Shield benefits card for prescriptions.
- Shower or bathe before your appointment.
- Plan accordingly to be on time for your appointment.
- Check in with the receptionist and have a seat in the waiting room.
- When called into the exam room, only the patient may go in.
- Tell the doctor your symptoms and answer his/her questions to the best of your ability, so that the doctor may decide on your best plan of care (ie: medication, further testing, referrals etc).
- **If exposure of a body part is uncomfortable for you (eg. an allergy shot in the arm) let the nurse know and the nurse will be happy to put you in a private room**
Please call (519) 973-7002 to cancel your appointment.
Messages to cancel appointments can be left 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You will be charged for any missed appointments and you can find a breakdown of the missed appointment fees in our policy section.
To cancel we require a one hour notice to avoid a missed appointment charge and 24 hours notice for any counselling appointments.
Nursing Hours are now available Monday-Friday by appointment only. Please call 519-973-7002 to schedule a specific time to see the nurse. If you are continuing a series of injections, we ask that you pick up your prescription from the pharmacy before your scheduled appointment.
Go to www.uwindsor.ca/returntocampus for important information about coming to campus.
When you arrive at the CAW building for your appointment, please go to door #3 (located on the east side of the building). Please enter into the building and go to the information desk/kiosk to sign in. You will be required to show your approved Safe Lancer self-assessment questionnaire or app. Please have your student card and health card ready for the receptionist.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19 (fever - temperature of 37.8°C or greater, new or worsening cough or shortness of breath) we ask that you refrain from coming to the clinic. If you are concerned about having possibly contracted Covid-19, please see our webpage and click on the self-assessment link to help determine how to seek further care.