Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certificate
- 100 hours of classroom instruction
- 20-hour practicum
- Focus on learning theory, teaching preparation, and systems of English
- Learn through group work and teaching demonstrations
- Successful completion is recognized for TESL Canada Professional Standard 1 Certification
- An observation report based on 6-hours of real ESL classes
- A progress test
- An achievement test
- A lesson planning task
- Evaluated microteaching
- Lesson plan portfolio
- Evaluated solo teaching
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. You can demonstrate your academic qualifications through submission of a copy of your transcripts or a certificate.
- If English is not your first language, you will need to provide proof of English proficiency. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- To test your English grammar competency you can take the following ACE TESOL Certificate Candidate Grammar Test. Links to web pages where you can further study concepts before start of classes are available upon completion of the test.
$ 1,750 CDN (includes participant manual and textbooks) and $100 CDN non-refundable registration fee
Please refer to the Withdrawal and Special Circumstances section of the CELD Refund Policy
Course Dates & Location
The TESOL Certificate Program Winter 2018 will be offered from January 9 to April 12, 2018. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Classes are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Classes are held at the CELD Annex on the second floor of Vanier Hall on the main University of Windsor campus. Note that observation and practicum hours may be held during the daytime. Classes are offered based on enrollment.
Want to Know More?
Take part in the orientation for the Winter 2018 term on Thursday, December 14 from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m., location TBA.